OOJNI Add-in .NET (C#) for VS2005/2008 3.0.08
A useful utility for all C# developers.
Object-Oriented JNI Add-In is a tool developed for MS Visual Studio 2005. It generates C# code (OOJNI classes) for java byte code (SUN/IBM/MS JDK1.1.x, JDK1.3.x and later) selected and includes it into the active project. It also makes JNI implementation of Java class native methods. At the same time OOJNI Add-In makes all project setting for using, compiling and running the code generated.<br /><br />The developer will make use of OOJNI as regular C# classes. Each OOJNI class wraps low-level JNI code to accesses to Java Class fields and methods. All data type conversions are hidden from Developer. Each java object reference encapsulated into special OOJNI class Java Reference Wrapper, which makes a shallow copy of the java object reference in different OOJNI classes. This approach makes possible to reduce a number of java references used in JNI code.
- To reduce a number of calls to JVM SDK. All static const field values are copied to C++ Wrapper class, all method and field IDs are read only once and stored in C++ class. All static java methods are static in C++ class.
- To resolve ambiguity in methods in C++ wrapper generated each java reference type is wrapped Smart Java Reference Object. This is a simple class with the name of the corresponding java type with namespaces. It counts reference number like in OLE Object and deletes only the last reference released (when reference count is null)
- All java C++ Wrapper classes derived from Smart Java Reference class.
- While method call and field access all java and system exceptions are redirected to C++ and can be handled in JNI code.
- OOJNI SDK is oriented to C++ programmer and requires a little knowledge about JNI SDK.