ORMLite, which i actually short for Object Relational Mapping Lite was built in order to provide a simple yet powerful functionality for persisting Java objects to SQL databases.
This is done while avoiding the overhead of other ORMs.
ORMLite can support MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, H2, Derby, HSQLDB, Sqlite, and others.
Here are some key features of "ORMLite":
· Simple Object Relational Mapping functionality
· Java annotations for easy JDBC persistence
· Persist Java classes using very little code
· ORM driven through Java annotations
· Powerful abstract Database Access Object (DAO) classes
· Uses native database calls to provide Android OS ORM.
· Flexible QueryBuilder to easily construct simple and complex queries
· Supports MySQL, Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, H2, Derby, HSQLDB, and Sqlite and can be extended to additional databases relatively easily.