OxyGen Code Management Studio description
Produce source code for Data Access and Business Layers of a typical .NET application
OxyGen Code Management Studio is a C# and T-SQL code generator that emphasize the Application Model, data security, and Developer Code Count.
With their query style implementations, many code generators in the market do not help with the development of APIs and the Service Layers that your application needs.
OxyGen Code Management Studio was specifically built to create the components in the application model, freeing up time for developers to create the business rules and business workflows.
Another key distinguishing feature of OxyGen Code Management Studio is the automatic inclusion of Search, Custom Paging and Caching in the generated APIs. These additional features are rarely included in similarly priced products.
Here are some key features of "OxyGen Code Management Studio":
· The most transparent generated code framework for .NET – even high value, infrastructure pieces are delivered as .NET code.
· POCO framework without mandatory inheritance. The CLR doesn’t support multiple inheritance, we reserved the single inheritance slot for you – which can be very useful if you wish to plug-in to other frameworks like windows workflow.
· Database independent Data Access Layer with the same codebase for all RDBMS.
· Extended lightweight transaction support. Tracks and manages connections that are associated with a transaction – this helps keep more transaction as lightweight transactions.
· Supports Query Notification.
Service Layer generation:
· WCF Service or ASP.NET Xml Web Service
· Service Interface style option: Messaging Pattern or API
· Optional Business Context for the Business Layer
· Optional Service Context for the Service Layer
· Users can configure their own data filter conditions without writing any code or store procedures
· It includes the ability to map tables to class names and columns to field names
· Tables can be designated as Reference Types. Used on static reference tables, this designation will trigger the generation of additional code that makes Reference Types much easier to work with Tables can be designated as ‘Cacheable’. This produces business layer caching code that includes the ability to auto expire the cache when the data in the table changes.
· Data source paging. Code is generated to fully support data source paging in the stored procedures, Data Access, and Business Layers. Data Source Paging is a must if you have tables that can potentially grow to tens of thousands or millions of records.
Join Table Resolution:
· If you have a join table between two primary tables, the code generated for the primary tables will include resolution of the join table. In other words, in a three table system: ‘Customer’, ‘CustomerService’ and ‘Service’, the generated Customer class will include methods that will have direct access to the services owned by the customer.
Objects, classes and Generic Collections NOT Datasets, Tables, and rows:
· This is crucial in a Services based world.
· Generated comments automatically included. The auto generated comments lets the consumer of the code (the developer consuming the generated code), know about the characteristics of the generated code elements.
· The generation of the complete data manipulation stack: Stored Procedures (or Virtual Stored Procedures), Data Entity Classes, Data Access Provider, Caching, and Business Domain Model Classes are generated.
· Derived Entity (Class Table Inheritance): For new schema designs, this feature helps you avoid duplicating columns across multiple tables. The code generated using the Inheritance feature updates and inserts across the table hierarchy.
· Substitute tables or columns with table-valued or scalar functions using our ‘Instead Of’ feature.
· Specify absolute values or functions as constraints for Select, Update and Delete operations using the CRUD Constraints Processing Instructions.
· Select which individual columns or tables can be inserted into, updated or deleted (Persistent Storage processing instruction).
· Use the predefined schemes in the database to group your entities or specify your own using the Virtual Schemes feature.
· OCG allows Views to mimic tables using the Virtualization Settings Processing instructions
· Enrich the generated metadata with your own classes, methods and properties using the Custom Registration Feature
· The generated code takes into account the relationships between tables
Other features of OxyGen Code are:
· Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD) SQL statement generation.
· Stored Procedure Permissions generation.
· Object based Data Access Layer generation.
· Object based Business Layer generation.
· Relationship propagation to the Business Layer.
· ‘Nullable’ database fields handling.
Generation of empty partial classes to house custom modifications:
· Extend the generated code without worrying about overwrites
· Basic UI generation for Stored Procedures and for CRUD operations against tables and views.
· Generated code works seamlessly with the ObjectDataSource Control in ASP.NET.
Simple, natural, and commented code output:
· The code structure and layout is designed specifically to be reviewed and potentially edited and changed manually. On the other hand, you may just choose the build option and never look at the code again.
Zero database redesign:
· OxyGen Code will generate code from existing production databases without requiring the database to be redesigned for an “Application Model”. This is a tool every SQL Server DBA
· .NET Framework 2.0 or later
· Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.6 or later
· 21-day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for Visual Studio 2012.