web2ldap is a full-featured LDAPv3 client written in Python. It can run with a stand-alone built-in Web server. It also runs under the control of another Web server with FastCGI support.
It has support for various LDAPv3 bind methods and a powerful built-in schema browser. HTML templates are supported for displaying and editing entries, and LDIF templates can be used for quickly adding new entries. A built-in X.509 parser displays a detailed view of certificates and CRLs with active links.
Here are some key features of "web2ldap":
· A generic LDAPv3 client which does not make any assumptions about the tree structure or LDAP schema
· Kind of a swiss-army knife for accessing/manipulating LDAP servers without having to configure anything
· A secure LDAP client with clean login behaviour
· A schema browser which displays references/dependencies within an LDAPv3 schema
· A customizable platform for prototyping LDAP administration use-cases
· For me it is a platform for implementing cutting edge LDAP features
· Continously maintained software since September 1998