yGuard is a useful tool that is especially tailored for developers who need to protect their code and restrict access to the bits.
The program can also help reduce the size of the JAR files and thus contribute at a smaller code archive. Since it is an Ant task, you can integrate yGuard into the software development.
Here are some key features of "yGuard":
· Name obfuscation to protect the code
· Can shrink the code to diminish the overall size of the project
· Can define code following XML syntax
· When obfuscating the code it can fix and rename resource files
· JDK 1.4.x or greater
· Ant 1.5.x or greater
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added basic Java 7 class file support (see the note on Java 7 compatibility).
· Fixed a bug that caused yGuard to introduce invalid signatures for typed classes with inner classes.
· Fixed a bug that caused yGuard to erroneously exclude all classes from obfuscation when an implements attribute was used for a element without an additional name or expose attribute.
· Fixed a bug that caused the shrinker to ignore the attribute element if the default shrinking settings were used (i.e. if no keep element was defined).