BlackBerry 10 Native SDK comes with all of the necessary components for developing apps for BlackBerry 10 devices. Some of these tools are the QNX Momentics IDE, a linker, a compiler, libraries, and command line tools.
All developed applications can be tested using a BlackBerry 10 device or simulator.
· Java SE 6 Runtime Environment
· Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon desktop processor 2 GHz or faster
· 1 GB or more available hard disk space
· 2 GB RAM or more
· Resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Cascades UI framework:
· Built-in controls
· Custom pickers - You can now create your own custom picker controls using the Picker class. You can choose from a predefined picker type using PickerKind, and you can specify your own picker item visuals using PickerItemComponent. Visual node objects can be provided as picker items by using a PickerProvider.
· Text filters and validators - You can now set a text filter on a TextArea in your apps. You can also specify a validator, which is represented by the Validator class, on TextField controls.
· Other features
· Shortcuts - You can now create your own key shortcuts and system shortcuts by using the Shortcut and SystemShortcut classes, respectively. Keyboard shortcuts improve usability and user experience by decreasing the effort required to perform commonly used actions in an application. To learn more, visit the Keyboard shortcuts documentation.
· Key listeners - In addition to key shortcuts and system shortcuts, you can u...