Serial Splitter is a useful application that allows multiple application to share the same serial port in order to receive data at the same time. It practically creates virtual ports for each application.
You can also join many real ports into one virtual or redirect the data from one port to another with just a few clicks. The Switcher feature enables the program to determine the available port from the list and to assign it to the application that requires a serial port connection.
All the changes in serial ports and the parameters changed by the application are stored in the log which offers the possibility to track communication errors.
Here are some key features of "Serial Splitter":
· Unique all-in-one functionality: split, join serial ports, redirect data, etc
· Create as many virtual serial ports as you need
· Full emulation of hardware control lines
· One serial port can be split into any number of virtual and real serial ports
· Any number of serial ports can be joined into one, you can create additional virtual serial ports to be joined into one
· You can configure to grant writing rights to only certain ports in a bundle
· Ports bundles are automatically configured every time you boot your PC, so you don't have to recreate them again
· Simple installation and rebuilding of Serial Splitter ports bundles configuration
· Full support of wide range of GPS devices and software
· Fully compatible with HyperThreaded and multi-processor systems
· Bidirectional data transfer
· High speed data exchange from/to virtual serial port
· Full baudrate and flow control support
· Hot installation without any need to reboot
· Add virtual serial ports and real serial ports to any configuration in real time
· User-friendly interface: the software is designed to provide simple ports bundles installation, no programming skills are required
· Processor: Pentium II class at least 200 MHz
· RAM: 64 MB
· Disk Space: 15 MB of initial free disk space
· Video: 800x600, True Color
· 14 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
· Fixed: the installation path is now assigned correctly to Serial Splitter service when installing the application in a different folder during update.
· Fixed: now the registration of the product runs smoothly even if non-Latin characters are present in Registration name.