Azure Services Platform was designed to help developers quickly and easily create, deploy, manage, and distribute web services and applications on the Internet. Windows Azure is an operating system for the cloud that serves as the development, run-time, and control environment for the Azure Services Platform.
Windows Azure provides developers on-demand compute & storage to host, scale, and manage web applications on the internet through Microsoft data centers.
Windows Azure is elastic, flexible, and interoperable. With Windows Azure developers can achieve high levels of service availability and application interoperability while maintaining freedom of choice.
The Windows Azure SDK provides developers with the tools and APIs needed to develop, deploy, and manage scalable services in Windows Azure.
· .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
· IIS 7.0 (with ASP.NET and WCF HTTP Activation)
· Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005 or Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008
· Windows PowerShell (optional)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.dll] Application crashes with unhandled NullReferenceException that is raised on a callback thread.
· [Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.dll] MD5 Header is not passed to the Azure Blob Service in block blob uploads