HijackReader is an application which reads HijackThis log files and tries to give advice on what to fix.
HijackReader is based on Merijn's tutorial on the subject, and automatically searches in Pacman's startup list as well as Tony Klein's Browser Helper Object (BHO) list.
Here are some key features of "HijackReader":
· Automatically reads HijackThis logs
· Gives advice on what to fix
· Can output the report to text (txt) or web (html) format
· The web report includes a link, for quick Google searching, based on the object in question
· Requires no installation or DLL files. Does not write any settings to the registry or create any files, unless the user wants it to
· Completely portable. Can be run from a USB-flash drive, CD, etc.
· No internet connection required (unless you want to check things using the Google function)
· Disk space: 10 MB
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved compatibility with HijackThis v2
· Fixed an O22 false positive
· Updated definition lists
· Added option to view analyses when saved
· Other minor updates and fixes