The EAGLE is a powerful yet easy-to-use Layout Editor created specifically for designing printed circuit boards (PCBs).
EAGLE is an application that is also able to easily create your own parts with the fully integrated library editor.
Here are some key features of "EAGLE Light":
· online Forward- and Back-Annotation
· context sensitive help function
· no hardware copy protection!
· multiple windows for board, schematic and library
· powerful User Language
· integrated text editor
· available for Windows, Linux and Mac
· maximum drawing area 1.6 x 1.6m (64 x 64 inch)
· resolution 1/10,000mm (0.1 micron)
· up to 16 signal layers
· conventional and SMT parts
· comes with a full set of part libraries
· undo/redo function for ANY editing command, to any depth
· script files for batch command execution
· copper pouring
· cut and paste function for copying entire sections of a drawing
· design rule check
· interactive Follow-me Router (requires the Autorouter module)
· up to 999 sheets in one schematic
· electrical rule check
· gate and pinswap
· create a board from a schematic with a single command
· ripup&retry router
· up to 16 signal layers
· routing strategy driven by user definable cost factors
· pen plotters
· Gerber plotters
· Excellon and Sieb&Meyer drill files
· configurable through ASCII file for easy definition of your own output devices
· The board area is limited to 100 x 80 mm (4 x 3.2 inches).
· Only two signal layers can be used (Top and Bottom).
· The schematic editor can only create one sheet.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
XML database structure redesign:
· Read, edit and parse the data outside of the EAGLE tool
· The new XML database structure provides the ability to write scripts that manipulate designs in the EAGLE format which will give users huge productivity benefits. You can make design changes, import information from other designs, and even translate from other formats. EAGLE is one of the first Commercial CAD Programs that adopts a ASCII XML data structure as their native file. This makes EAGLE the most flexible, user friendly and productive PCB tool on the market.
· Merge board/schematic pairs using the PASTE function with full consistency
· You can copy an already finished design consisting of a consistent pair of Schematic and Layout into another project. Enumeration of components and signals will be exactly the same in board and schematic, so that consistency between schematic and board will be maintained. This supports easy design, for example, of multi-channel devices. You ...