Graphite offers extremely powerful, precision wire-frame drafting with the elegant ease-of-use that makes it productive even when only used occasionally.
No other drafting software is faster and easier to use than Graphite-period. With the power to match the world's leading drafting package, Graphite provides an interface that lets creative people get the job done without worrying about how to run their software.
Create 2D and 3D precision wireframe drawings of unlimited complexity and detail. Whether you need a simple sketch, an elaborate architectural design or a precision engineering drawing, Graphite lets creative professionals express their ideas clearly and completely in the fastest way possible.
The Vellum magic is addictive-ask any Ashlar-Vellum customer why they use our products and you'll hear about "Vellumness." Across our product line, the uniting element is the magical feel of creative simplicity and efficient power. It anticipates your needs and quietly offers help without distraction or intrusion.
Create drawings of unlimited complexity-get down to the details. There's no limit to your creativity so why should there be a limit to your CAD software? Graphite lets you create 2D and 3D wire-frame drawings of unlimited complexity and precision detail.
Conceptualized then create-Graphite is great for those who want to explore initial design ideas with 2D sketches then create 3D wire-frame designs themselves, without the support or interference of a CAD operator "interpreting" their work.
Design and invent-don't be a CAD jockey. We can always tell when someone is not a candidate for Ashlar-Vellum products. They tell us that they "run such-and-such a CAD program," taking great pride in their software's difficulty.
If operating an unwieldy CAD system is your highest calling, don't buy Graphite. If changing the world through collaborating on new and innovative designs is more your style, then you've found the perfect tool. Build or manufacture with confidence-Graphite's precise data guarantees accurate drawings, speeding the manufacturing process.
Here are some key features of "Graphite":
· Updated Interface
· Effortless and Fast Precision Drafting
· Easier to Learn and Faster to Use
· Accurate 2D and 3D Drafting to 16 Digits
· Intuitive Vellum Interface
· Revolutionary Vellum Drafting Assistant for Intelligent Snaps and Automatic Alignments in X, Y, and Z
· Unique Hybrid Mac/Windows Office/Home Licensing
· Advanced 2D and 3D Equation-driven Parametrics
· Intelligent, Parametric Symbols from any Geometry
· Multiple Sheet/Model Drawings
· Compartible for Intel Mac and Windows Vista
· Over 10,000 Architectural and Mechanical Symbols with Preview Panel
· Flexible and Dynamic Dimensioning to ANSI, JIS, ISO,BAE, DIN, and ASME
· GD&T Standards
· Multiple Dynamic Views
· True 32-bit, Seamless Macintosh and Windows Compatibility
· Precision Import/Export Translators Including IGES and DXF
· Bill of Materials
· 2D Analysis: Area, CG, Moments
· Dynamic Detail Views
· 256 MB RAM
· 250 MB Free Hard DriveSpace / 1 GB Allocated Virtual Memory
· DVD Drive or High Speed Internet Connection
· Unable to save, copy to clipboard, export or print
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Corrected minor issue with the crash log
· Implemented Preference setting for mouse wheel direction
· Corrected minor issue when ungrouping some geometry
· Implemented support for first pen button on some Windows tablets
· Corrected issue with previous tool selected in multi-palette situation
· Resolved case in which Graphite failed to prompt to save on close
· Resolved font issue (GR158)
· Resolved offset placement with closed groups
· Resolved Copy/Paste bug with Word
· Enabled immediate refresh for dimension property changes
· Resolved mystery of occasionally disappearing palettes
· Clarified Edit Object dialog box for midpoint line objects
· Enhanced to ignore case sensitivity on file name extensions
· Enhanced Preferences to track arrow settings for Pen menu
· Resolved too large size of systems font, slow down Graphite