MITCalc - Buckling Calculation was designed to calculate the optimumcross-section and perform strength check of slender struts strained for buckling.
MITCalc - Buckling Calculation includes:
· Selection of six basic types of buckling.
· Calculation of area characteristics of 20 types of cross-sections.
· Design of optimum profile accommodating the set load.
· Strength check of the strut.
· Calculation and graphical representation of permitted stress dependent on slenderness rate.
· A table of materials and a table of area characteristics of W, S, C and L profiles according to ANSI/AISC and I, U, L and T profiles according to DIN/ISO.
The calculation is based on data, procedures, algorithms (Johnson, Tetmajer, Euler, Secant) and data from specialized literature and AISC, ISO, DIN and BS standards.
List of standards (DIN 1025, 1026, 1028, 1029, 1024, AISC W, S, C, L, LU ... )
This module is a part of MITCalc - Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives, springs, beam, shaft, bolt connection, shaft connections, tolerances and many others
· Microsoft Excel
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
The MITCalc engineering calculations were extended by:
· New worm gearing calculation (DIN, AGMA)
· Integration of the Extension Pack EP06 (bearings III - FAG)
· Chinese language (traditional, simplified)
· Other modifications, corrections and enhancements
· Worm gearing calculation
· The calculation is used for geometrical and strength designs and worm gearing check. Gearing can be designed for selected safety coefficients including optimization e.g. for weight, efficiency, centre-line distance, etc. Worm gearing thermal analysis is added to the calculation of geometry and safety coefficients (wear, seizure, deflection, fatigue break). The calculation is in accordance with DIN 3996, DIN 3975-1, DIN 3975-2 and ANSI/AGMA 6022-C93 and /AGMA 6034-B92. Outputs to 2D and 3D CAD systems are supported.
· Other modifications, corrections and enhancements of MITCalc calculations
· Calculation compatibility with MSOffice 2007 (user interface modifications)
· AutoCAD 2008 support added