Softpedia Editor's Review for MathMagic Personal Edition
Powerful and easy to use equation editor
Written by Elena Opris on April 25th, 2013
MathMagic is a feature-rich software application that supplies users with the necessary tools for creating and editing mathematical equations effortlessly. It can be used for various purposes, whether you are a student or a professor.
The interface of the program is represented by a professional-looking window with an intuitive layout that can be easily navigated.
You can immediately start building equations and insert symbols, whether we're talking about the Greek alphabet (uppercase and lowercase), inclusion or exclusion, brackets, square root or integration, just to name a few.
Alternatively, you can insert equation samples to make your job easier and simply edit them. It is possible to change an object's color and size, font type, equation style (e.g. function, variable, vector, text) and format (e.g. alignment, spacing, nudge, fence adjustment).
Once the project is completed, you can copy it as an image (PNG, BMP, WMF, JPG, GIF), PDF, MathML, AMS LaTeX, LaTeX, plain TeX, MediWiki (TeXvc), AsciiMath, speech text, Google Docs or Zoho equation, or Wolfram Alpha, as well as save it to file for further modifications or convert its format into something else.
A wide range of configuration options are available regarding importing and exporting. For example, you can specify the image rate, output entity type for MathML and delimited type for AsciiMath, as well as insert warning comments for TeX. These settings can be restored to their factory values.
Getting familiarized with MathMagic's features shouldn't be a difficult task; although it does not include a complete user documentation, the tool displays daily tips. It is stable, uses a moderate amount of CPU and system memory, and supports keyboard shortcuts. We haven't found any problems during our tests.
This is only the personal edition of MathMagic. If you are looking for additional features, then make sure to check out the professional version, as it comes bundled with extra fonts, offers support for InDesign and Quark plugins, and allows batch conversion for more than 10 files, among others. Nevertheless, MathMagic Personal Edition is worth taking into consideration as a serious software program for creating math equations in a simple manner.
MathMagic Personal Edition description
Here are some key features of "MathMagic Personal Edition":
· Intuitive Graphic User Interface
· Intelligent WYSIWYG editor with auto formatting
· Well organized palettes of Templates and Symbols
· Beautiful interface and beautiful equations
· Clipping window and toolbars
· Many predefined keyboard shortcuts
· User definable shortcuts for Clips & User items
· Drag&Drop and Copy&Paste to other applications
· Multiple Undo/Redo, View rate up to 3200%
· Multiple StyleSets for group-wide sharing of settings
· About 15MB of hard disk space for complete installation
· Pentium or faster
· 30 uses trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed: Arrow head is filled in OLE equation object for the WYSIWYG result, instead of line drawing.
· Changed: MathMagic installer now sets the Compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2 or SP3 when installing for an improved stability on Windows Vista, 7 and 8.
· Fixed: Double arrows now have the same line thickness in the editor for both upper and lower lines all the time.
· Fixed: Copy As Bitmap based image shows a better result in some applications.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that MathMagic Personal Edition 22.214.171.124 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |