NavCad is a useful application for the users that deal with boat design and need to predict the power performance of a certain vessel.
The program includes a library of components designed to store information about propulsion parts such as engines, gears or propellers.
You can use the program to design, simulate and analyze any type of boat (monohull or catamaran).
Note: The registered users can update the application to a later version here.
· Limited calculation options (e.g. propellers limited to 4 blades and 0.55 EAR)
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Propeller lift forces - High-speed planing craft are influenced by lift from the propeller. The difficult calculation of the prediction of propeller lift force due to shaft angle (for both planing and propulsion analysis) is in development.
· Enhanced planing analysis - The planing analysis will include a new spray drag prediction, as well as estimation of propulsor lift force during resistance and trim prediction for conventional propellers, surface drives and waterjets.
· Updates to the NavCad interface - A table-oriented data entry.
· New file format - based on HydroComp's new common file standard.
· Advances in the Method Expert - derived from internal R&D projects.
· Contra-rotating propellers (CRP) - a simplified system model.
· New appendage module - extended data definition and drag prediction.