OpenJUMP is a handy tool designed to read and write shapefiles and simple GML files. It has limited support for the display of images and good support for showing data retrieved from WFS and WMS web-services.
Therefore, this tool can be used as a GIS data viewer. The particular strength that this program has is the editing of geometry and attribute data.
Users can style the appearance of data in OpenJUMP's map display and can also export the view to SVG. Moreover, the application offers multiple tools designed for overlay operations and topologic analysis.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fixes
· PLUS edition finally starts at reasonable times even from network shares
· Bug 3521266 : open Raster image (Sextante) checkbox was now always available when an image file was selected
· Bug 3521940 : Trouble with opening several shapefiles from one zip file
· Preserve z values in JML format, even if first coordinate has no z
· Write again z values in WKT format of Info viewer
· Improved icon display (internal changes + icon replacement)
· Bug 3515663 : Statistics > Classify attribute was throwing an exception
· Bug 3513864 : Raster Image layers (Sextante) have now an icon in the
· TreeLayerNamePanel and do not throw exception anymore
· Bug 3513741 : Analysis > Union : attribute used to dissolve was duplicated in the result layer
· Bug 3513735 : Sextante Raster visibility attribute was not saved in project
· Bug 3510832 : Changing schema with attribute table opened threw exception
· Bug 3510778 : EZ Button did not respect layer editability
· Bug 3497362 : Dialog box of "draw circle...