PAMGUARD is a sophisticated software package that can be used by the expert user to monitor and classify the marine mammals.
PAMGUARD can also be configured for operational use by MMO PAM operators. Central to the software design is a flexible core architecture which allows the integration of a range of additional plug-ins.
The PAMGUARD project develops software to help detect, locate and classify marine mammals using Passive Acoustic Monitoring.
Here are some key features of "PAMGUARD":
· Automatic detection of marine mammal vocalisations
· Real time operation
· Supports sample rates up to at least 500 kHz
· Localisation of sound sources
· Mapping, GPS and AIS functionality
· Modular design with multiple signal conditioning options
· Potential uses with other species (e.g. bats)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Noise Monitor – one update to fix a bug when not all channels were used Click detector – some additions in the tab panel control to remember which displays are open
· Hiding side panels – maximise usable screen area
· Logger Forms help has now been included. It has been left quite rough as will need to be updated when time can be spent on GUI editing
· PAMGuard’s settings files are moved to the user’s home folder so as to avoid accidental deletion upon reinstalls
· Night Mode Colour fix