Planets3D was specially created as an OpenGL and Qt-based application that can simulate planet movements.
Planets3D was built as an open source 3D implementation of Planets, an interactive program simulator of planetary systems.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· added ability to have camera follow a planet.
· make grid "Lines" and "Points" buttons checkable.
· cap framerate at 60fps for release builds.
· implemented accumulation buffer motion blur.
· modified planet texture.
· renamed camera.
· location to be consistent with planet.
· position renamed dock widget containers to be named after the pertaining dock widgets.
· use bit flags for display settings.
· delete all planets on destruction of PlanetsWidget.
· uploaded icons to repository.