Poser Pro 2014 10.0.2.25578 SR2.1
Professional 3D Figure Design & Animation
Integrate animated 3D characters and gigabytes of Poser content with the tools in your production pipeline. Poser Pro saves time and resources for professional artists and production teams with ready-to-go, pre-rigged characters and a content library full of assets. Working inside Poser Pro generates dynamic images and video with its advanced lighting and powerful rendering technology.
Poser Pro offers you a powerful set of tools for designing animations like a professional artist!
Poser Pro offers you a powerful set of tools for designing animations like a professional artist!
- Enhanced User Interface:
- 8 new human figures with advanced rigging
- Full set of legacy figures
- Over 2.5 GB included content
- Keyword and online content search
- Parameter change indicator
- Joint strength indicator
- Recent render palette
- StuffIt Connect image export
- Facebook image export
- Professional Art and Animation Tools:
- Full body part morph import
- Auto-conform drag and drop
- Conform with scaling
- Updated PoserFusion Hosting plug-ins
- Dynamic cloth and strand based hair
- Improved OpenGL real-time scene preview
- Face Room
- WalkDesigner and TalkDesigner
- Dependent Parameters Tool
- Improved joint rigging system
- Cross Body Part Morph Tool
- Wardrobe Wizard Tool
- wxPython support
- Refined Lighting and Rendering Tools:
- HDRI Export
- Gamma correction for linear rendering
- Normal mapping
- PSD layer rendering
- Network rendering
- 64 bit render engine
- Indirect Lighting for Global Illumination
- Physically correct light falloff
- Tone mapping and exposure
- Real-time OpenGL Scene Preview:
- With Poser Pro’s OpenGL improvements, you’ll see accurate, real-time previews of Spot, Point, Infinite and IBL (Image Based Lights) Lights, Soft Shadows, with Ambient Occlusion, Normal Maps and Back Facing Polygons in a Gamma Corrected scene. The Light Properties control allows the user to toggle specific lights to preview in the scene, with accumulated brightness for each selected light. MIP Map support improves performance when previewing large textures. Our OpenGL hardware improvements preview textures more efficiently, with reliable onscreen display of lights, shadows, and color, for smarter interactive scene creation.
- SubSurface Scattering:
- Skin, wax, and marble are just some of the materials that are translucent when struck by light. To recreate this subtle yet crucial effect when rendering these materials in Poser, we’ve incorporated a set of easy to configure SubSurface Scattering Material Nodes. New Nodes include SubSurface Skin, Fast Scatter, and basic Scatter. The Scatter Node includes a number of optimized pre-sets for Skin, Marble, Milk, Fruit and Vegetables. With Poser’s new SubSurface Materials, you’ll transform your scenes into rendered masterpieces with lifelike translucent surfaces.
- Rendering Performance Improvements:
- Poser’s FireFly Rendering Engine keeps getting better with numerous improvements in reflections, transparencies, depth of field and motion blur quality, netting visibly smoother results without significantly impacting render times. We’ve invested time in Indirect Lighting (IDL) which now supports Ambient Occlusion (AO) with faster transparency rendering. We’ve also enabled Light Casting Objects to be invisible in final renderings yet still contribute illumination to the scene. In addition to our new SubSurface Scattering Nodes, we’ve included a new Custom Scatter Node to support effects such as bioluminescent skin.
- Weight Map Rigging:
- High-end professional 3D applications like Max and Maya have set the standard for Weight Map Rigging, and now both Poser and Poser Pro provide the most open vertex Weight Mapping support available to Poser users today. Weight Map Rigging offers several benefits including smoother bending folds and bulges with vertex by vertex control over every bend or bulge. Weight Maps can be added to any joint bend, to twist and scaling channels and can be used to control bulges. Plus Poser takes the standard of Weight Map Rigging several steps further with support for Hybrid Joint Rigging (combining traditional Poser Sphere/Capsule Zones with Weight Maps), using either single mesh geometry or traditionally grouped geometry, and enables Weight Maps or zones to affect any number of body parts beyond the current joint. Poser’s new Weight Map Rigging provides a platform that will support third party figures that use Weight Mapping, by expanding the open, well documented and easily editable Poser PZ3 file format, to encourage creativity and user driven enhancements to Poser figures.
- Weight Map Auto Transfer:
- For easy character content creation using Poser Pro, we’ve developed the new Weight Map Auto Transfer feature. This powerful new makes it incredibly easy to transform any existing clothing item into a full Weight Map Rigged conforming clothing item. Simply open the object you want to transform in the Set-Up room, click on the figure you want the item to match in the Poser Library, and let Poser Pro do the rest. Once transformed, the new figure will inherit the target figure’s Weight Maps and even body parts groups. It literally takes seconds to transform any imported or older figure or geometry into a fully Weight Mapped Poser Figure. Combined with Poser’s included Wardrobe Wizard, you can even transfer the full set of morphs from the target figure to your newly created figure.
- Weight Map Creation Tools:
- Poser Pro delivers the most complete suite of Weight Map Creation tools in the world of Poser. Creating and fine tuning Weight Maps is easy using Pro 2012’s updated Joint Editor features. Select any joint and simply add a new Weight Map. Click on the Paint Mode to interactively paint vertices, with full pressure sensitive tablet support for optimal rig fine tuning. Apply Symmetry to transfer bend and bulge Weight Maps from side to side. And if you want to convert existing Poser figures to the powerful new Weight Map Rigging system, simply convert the figure’s traditional Poser Sphere and Capsule Zones into a Weight Map that is fully editable. Combine Weight Maps with Zones for Hybrid Joint Rigging, providing the best of both rigging systems. And of course, with Pro 2012’s new Weight Map Auto Transfer, you’ll be able to transfer any existing Weight Map Rig onto any new figure. This state of the art suite of Weight Map Creation Tools is going to change the face of content development for Poser.
- Grouping Objects:
- Need a way to move, scale or hide a bunch of objects in a Poser scene, at the same time? Now you can simply add any number of scene elements, from figures and props to lights, into a Grouping Object. They can be moved, rotated, scaled and animated or even hidden and revealed. Create multiple Grouping Objects to hold different areas of a scene, or related props and figures. Adding selected scene elements into any Grouping Object is easy using our powerful new Context Menu controls. This significant new feature will change how you manage your scenes, providing you plenty of control over whole groups of objects in that scene.
- Expanded Context Menus:
- Sometimes, it’s the simple things that make the biggest difference. Poser’s expanded Context Menus will vastly improve interaction and scene creation, and change the way you work with Poser forever. Six unique Context Menus have been developed for Figures, Actors, Objects, Lights, Cameras and Backgrounds to provide quick access to the most useful menu operations including selecting, toggling IK on/off, copying symmetry in poses, pointing lights, conforming clothing, setting parenting, changing light types, and even hiding/revealing all items in a Grouping Object. Once you start using Poser’s new Context Menus, you’ll enjoy working and playing with Poser all over again.
- Full Scene Category in Library:
- In the past, if you wanted to re-use a Poser scene with that perfect environment settings, lights, cameras, props and dependencies and even render settings, you had to build it, save it, then find and import it. With the new Scene Category in the Library you simply add that full Poser scene with lights, cameras, all props and figures in place, and with all dependencies right into the Library. From there your new scenes can be dragged directly from the Library into the Poser workspace. For Poser content developers this new feature will enable you to deliver fully constructed scenes with dependencies and optimal render settings that require less user support and are far easier to use.
- Multi-select drag and drop from Library"
- When we introduced Drag and Drop support in Poser’s Library, our users found it so much easier to apply materials, or conform clothing, or drop a pose right onto a figure. With the Library’s new Multi-select feature, you’ll be able to select several items of clothing and drag them right onto a figure and auto-conform them in one step. But it gets even better when working with multiple categories of items in your Favorites; Multi-select a hairstyle, several clothing items and a pose all at once, then click and drag them right onto your target figure. Poser will automatically apply the items. It doesn’t get much easier.
- Morph Tool Tablet Support:
- If you own a Wacom pressure sensitive tablet, Poser is going to make you a very happy camper. We’ve engineered Wacom tablet support into the Morph Tool so you can have much finer control when creating morphs. Vary brush strength with pressure for any brush size you’ve set. The Morph Tool is powerful, but with tablet support, it’s gotten even better.
- Constraint Channels and Constraint Objects:
- For our animators that have been looking for a way to animate a ball being throw or caught, we’ve introduced Constraint Channels and Objects. Basically, the Constraint is an animatable handle for an object that will allow you to parent it to a figure’s hand as it winds up for the throw, and then have the object leave the hand and fly through the air as if it’s being thrown. Constraints are a simple to use feature that will permit all kinds of cool animation effects.
- Light Casting Objects:
- We changed the face of rendering in Poser when we introduced Indirect Lighting (IDL). And it became obvious when Poser users discovered that IDL enabled objects with high ambient values to cast light that with a few tweaks we could open up a huge array of lighting effects. Now you can toggle off visibility in rendering for objects, yet still enable them to cast light. This will allow the creation of light domes, environment domes and large area lights to cast ambient light without being rendered in the scene. Combined with our new Poser Scene Library category, this feature will be a great way to deliver a fully lit IDL environment.
- Frame Object Camera:
- In complex scenes it can be a little challenging to keep your camera focused on an area that you’re working on using Poser’s original camera controls. To help out, we’ve introduced the Frame Object Camera. With the click of a button, your current camera will zoom in on the selected object, allowing you take a closer look exactly where you’re working. This will make it easier to navigate in and out of your deep scenes and help you save time when creating them.
- Rotate Object Mode:
- A companion feature to the new Frame Object Camera, Poser also includes a new Rotate Object mode. Simply toggle on the Rotate Object mode and your current camera will rotate around the center point of the currently selected object. This makes it even to focus on a selected element, and view it from every direction by spinning Camera trackball.
- Full 64 bit Mac/Win:
- Building a cross platform (M/W) application with full 64 bit support is no easy task, but with this release of Poser Pro, both Mac and Windows users can now benefit from the virtually unlimited use of system memory, and full processing power of 64 bit hardware. The Poser Pro application, its FireFly render engine and included network capable Queue Manager are 64 bit enabled so you can use your memory more efficiently, create and render larger scenes, and ultimately save time across the board.
- Faster Dynamic Hair:
- Our engineers spent time under the hood to speed up Dynamic Hair. Now Poser’s powerful Dynamic Hair calculates collisions faster and renders it faster as well.
- Pre-render Texture Caching:
- We’ve heard your requests for faster pre-render texture handling and delivered two new methods that will save time the first time you press that Render Now button. Poser now preloads all scene textures in the background when your system is idle, in prep for that first render, and can cache those textures session to session if you desire.
- Python 2.7 Support:
- Poser keeps improving and so does Python. We now provide Python 2.7 support to take full advantage of improvements to the scripting language.
- Improved COLLADA Support:
- COLLADA is the most broadly adopted standard 3D content and figure interchange format in the industry today. The list of powerful 2D and 3D applications with COLLADA integration keeps growing and includes Adobe Photoshop, Softimage, Lightwave, Houdini, Modo, SketchUp, Blender, and Wings 3D. Poser’s provides the most robust integration in the market, and to ensure that our support is second to none, we are actively involved in the COLLLADA specification and conformance programs. New to Poser Pro is full export of fully rigged, single mesh, weight mapped figures export for inclusion in projects created using other tools with COLLADA support.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Material Room:
- 3D Texture nodes are now able to use object coordinates again