The Prime Number Spiral (a.k.a. the Ulam Spiral) is constructed as follows: Consider a rectangular grid. We start with the central point and arrange the positive integers in a spiral fashion (anticlockwise).
Prime Number Spiral is a prime number spiral that shows you how square and triangular numbers are located on the spiral. The prime numbers are then marked. There is a tendency for the prime numbers to occur on diagonal lines, however far out into the spiral one goes. This is software is for exploring the Prime Number Spiral.
· allows coloring of the prime numbers in various ways
· displays a random arrangement to compare with the primes
· shows how square and triangular numbers are located on the spiral
· A video resolution of 800x600 or better
· Some options and functions are disabled (cannot change the type of numbers shown within the spiral, cannot save images)
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved demo version