Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Design is a useful and reliable step by step shell and tube heat exchanger design and analysis software.
Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Design is a software tool that is made to demonstrate the chemical design & rating calculations of Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers.Unlike other tools, ensures that the calculations are performed step by step to help in understanding the design calculations.
Please note that the software can only do the basic chemical design & rating calculations of shell and tube heat exchangers and some mechanical design calculations.
Here are some key features of "Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Design":
· Step by step calculation
· Estimate the Physical properties of more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points.
· Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
· Integrated customised database functions to allow user to add/delete compnents.
· Ability to import properties to Shell/Tube sides form Microsoft Excel
· Export Results summary to Microsoft Excel
· Ability to calculate unknown shell or tube side temperatures by iteration method (solving by trial and error)
· Also can select from different correlations to calculate shell or tube heat transfer coefficient
· Calculate the scale resistance (dirt factor)
· Shell/Tube side Reynolds and Nusselt numbers
· Buffle spacing
· Recommended minimun shell thickness, minimum recommended number and diameter of rods.
· Calculate Shell/Nozzle/Channel/Head/Tubesheet Thickness.
· Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of mesurement.
· Duty Calculation
· Overall heat transfer coefficient
· Shell/Tube velocities.
· Save/Load results.
· Generate/Print a summary of results
· 64MB RAM
· 30MB free disk space
· Many features are unavailable in 'Demo' version
· Nag screens
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Physical properties database separate interface
· Export Physical properties to Ms Excel or XML file.
· Import Physical properties from XML file.
· Export Summary to Shell & Tube Engineering Data sheet to Ms Excel or pdf format
· Fouling Factors
· Improved user interface
· Fixed few programming bugs