Strudel is a graphical utility designed to help you visualize genetic and physical maps of genomes for comparative purposes.
The application aims to let the user examine their data at a variety of different levels of resolution, from entire maps to individual markers, and explore syntenic relationships between genomes.
All browsing and interaction with Strudel happens in real-time - there is no need to wait while the maps are generated.
Here are some key features of "Strudel":
· Visualize multiple genomes and thousands of homologies interactively and in real time
· Continuous zoom ranging from entire genome views to singles features
· Explore intervals such as QTLs and list annotation for features
· Search for features by name
· Filter homologies on display by BLAST e-value
· Single genome mode also supported
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Zooming now supported by Ctrl+scroll.
· Added individual maximum zoom value spinners for genomes so that each genome can have a separate maximum value.
· Have added a check for unsupported numbers of maps within genomes (at the time of data loading). If this fails the data load is aborted with an error message to that extent.
· Basic support for the MAF format added. New parser and some modifications to existing data loading code which will allow additional file formats to be added in the future more easily.
· Have added the option to display full feature information on mouseover. This is controlled as usual through a checkbox in the settings panel and through a menu item. This applies only to mouseover situations -- in all other instances of label display only feature names are used.
· Multiple entries in the results table can now be selected and highlighted simultaneously.
· Altered find feature by name functionality so that it now uses a "Show Feature Table" button...