VStar is an easy-to-use, Java-based tool that will help you with the visualization of variable star data.
Data can be read from a file or the AAVSO database and plotted as a light curve along with means data and error bars. Phase plots are under development and period search functions are planned
Here are some key features of "VStar":
· Loads data from the AAVSO database and CSV or TSV files.
· Displays light curves and phase plots, along with a mean curve.
· Data can also be viewed in tabular format.
· Views can be printed and saved.
· Period analysis (Date Compensated Discrete Fourier Transform).
· Polynomial fitting.
· Filtering function.
· Plug-in architecture (observation sources, period analysis, filtering, other tools).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Implemented Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) observation source plug-in.
· Reduced the memory footprint of each observation by around 10%.
· Made it possible to add arbitrary detail strings for observation source plug-ins
· and used this extend the detail captured by SuperWASP, Kepler, and CSS plug-ins.
· Added the ability to manage and recall previous filters from View menu.
· Added the ability to create user defined series from previous filters dialog.
· Updated plug-in development document re: model creator plug-ins, additional build
· information, and plug-in implementation examples and details.
· Exposed DCDFT and WWZ via toolbar buttons;