WindStation provides users with a handy and reliable application that simulates the wind flow over complex topography.
This is a diagnostic simulator that solves the full 3D Navier-Stokes equations using a boundary-fitted coordinate system. The software is a Windows application based on a user-friendly graphical interface.
Here are some key features of "WindStation":
· Air flow is described with the full 3D Navier-Stokes equations
· Turbulence is simulated with the k-e model
· Terrain roughness is taken into account through the ground shear stress modelling
Main input data:
· Terrain elevation data in ASCII ArcView grid file format
· Terrain roughness data in ASCII ArcView grid file format (optional)
· Wind speed and wind direction at punctual locations (meteorological stations readings, for instantce) or, optionally, a vertical profile of wind speed, wind direction and turbulence quantities
· Terrain elevation and /or terrain roughness visualization
· Wind field representation at a specified height from ground level, using vectorial display or colour contour display
· Data export into text files for the whole 3D computed field or at selected locations
· 20 days trial period
· Nag screen