SCaVis was created as a handy, easy-to-use, full-featured cross-platform data-analysis environment specially designed for scientists, engineers and students.
Numerous high-level classes for data manipulation and plotting are written in Java and integrated with the Jython scripting language.
SCaVis allows you to analyze numerical data volumes, perform data mining, and statistical analysis.
Here are some key features of "SCaVis (formerly jHepWork)":
· Java libraries for 2D/3D graphics and scientific data visualization
· Powerful IDE with code assist
· Enhanced Jython shell and BeanShell consoles
· Professional output graphics for data and function visualization
· Analytic (symbolic) computations
· Comprehensive statistical packages
· Numerical libraries for data structures and data manipulation
SCaVis also supports many other programming languages, C/C++, PHP, FORTRAN and many more. It is also specially designed for editing LaTeX files. It has several unique features, such as:
· Java-based editor with on-fly spell checking (this is the only Java editor with such feature).
· Color syntax highlighting for many programming languages, including syntax highlighting for all classes and methods of ROOT
· Multiple clipboards
· Multiple Eclipse-like bookmarks
· File browser
· Multi-document support
· Extensive LaTeX support: a structure viewer, a build-in Bibtex manager, LaTeX equation editor and LatexTools
· A document structure viewer for fast navigation
· Extensive configurability
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Tab key was fixed in the editor
· ScaVis porto (SCaVis for small-screen computers) is fixed. Pro addition.
· Auto-update can be done for Scavis IDE. java.jar is in lib/jehep
· Intro windows was corrected.
· Help system based on [F4] key was fixed.