Interactive visualization of imaging data
Created as an useful and complex software, vIST/e is a tool that offers interactive visualization of various kinds of imaging datasets.
This C++ application allows you to view both simple scalar data as well as complex high-dimensional data (such as diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) and high angular resolution imaging data (HARDI)).
vIST/e is a tool that's based on VTK, Qt and is developed as a plugin system which allows it to be extended in a flexible way.
Here are some key features of "vIST/e":
· vIST/e is programmed in C++. It uses Kitware's Visualization Toolkit for visualization and pipelined data processing, as well as Nokia's Qt for an easy-to-use Graphical User Interface.
· vIST/e introduces a powerful new plugin system, which allows for modular development with increased extensibility and stability.
· Powerful GPU-based visualization techniques allow for smooth, real-time visualization of large data sets. Using custom ray tracing algorithms created with OpenGL, vIST/e can render DTI ellipsoids and HARDI spherical harmonics glyphs up to 4th order. The high frame rates offered by modern GPU technology allows for interactive exploration of this complex data.
· Diffusion Tensor Imaging data can be visualized and interactively explored in a number of ways, including multiple cross-sections, volume rendering, and tensor glyphs. Derived scalar volumes, including various different anisotropy measures, can be computed and visualized. Data from other modalities, such as structural MRI, can be shown alongside the DTI data.
· Various fiber tracking methods allow for fast and accurate reconstruction of fiber pathways. Interactively defined Regions of Interest (ROIs) can be used for seeding and filtering of fibers. Fibers are visualized either as lines, optionally using a powerful, GPU-based lighting engine, or as 3D structures such as tubes.
· Scalar volumes, glyphs, and fibers can be colored using a wide array of coloring option. Customizable color loop-up tables allow for highly flexible visualization of scalar data.
· Visualization and processing of various different HARDI formats is supported. HARDI data is interactively visualized using highly detailed glyphs rendered on the GPU. HARDI glyphs can be visualized in combination with DTI glyphs, for a better overview of complex diffusion data.
· vIST/e includes support for NVIDIA's Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA), which enables highly parallel, GPU-based data processing, allowing for significant speed-up of computationally expensive algorithms.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· HARDI Fiber Tracking Plugin (tested with .sharm and .nii data)
· Saving Scalar and DTI volumes in Nifti format.
· Saving and Reading Scalar and DTI volumes in .vti format.
· Saving Discrete Sphere, Spherical Harmonics data in Nifti MIND format.
· Crop3D Plugin: 3D Croping Scalar and DTI data
· Reading nii.gz file format
· Some compiling problems were also solved