Softpedia in association with ElcomSoft offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy Advanced Office Password Recovery with a 50% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button; you'll surely notice the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
Softpedia Editor's Review for Advanced Office Password Recovery [DISCOUNT: 50% OFF!]
A program to recover lost or forgotten passwords to files/documents created in MS Office
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 26th, 2013
Advanced Office Password Recovery is an advanced software solution designed to help you recover forgotten or lost passwords for your Office documents, be they Word, Excel, Access Outlook, Project, Money, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher, OneNote, Backup, Schedule+ or Mail files.
Although it also comes with a detailed help menu, the interface is the one that helps the application target all types of users, such as beginners and more experienced ones. Features are nicely organized in tabs, with nifty buttons placed on a toolbar to start or stop a password recovery process on the go.
Advanced Office Password Recovery offers three different password recovery modes, as follows: brute-force attack (trying all possible combinations), brute-force with mask (if some password symbols are known) and dictionary attack.
If you choose the brute-force method, then you should have a look into its dedicated tab that prompts you to pick password length, character set, starting password and mask.
There are multiple options available in Advanced Office Password Recovery, including dedicated tools to select different dictionaries, but also a separate menu for the password cache.
The password recovery process can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours, it all depends on the password length and the included characters. The application needs a moderate amount of resources, even when trying to find a password, so you can easily continue you work while keeping it minimized in System Tray.
Overall, it's pretty clear that Advanced Office Password Recovery deserves a chance; it can lend you a hand when trying to recover passwords for important documents.
Advanced Office Password Recovery [DISCOUNT: 50% OFF!] description
Here are some key features of "Advanced Office Password Recovery [DISCOUNT: 50% OFF!]":
· Supports all versions of Microsoft Office applications from 2.0 to 2010
· Instant password recovery for multiple products
· Instantly unlocks documents with previously recovered passwords
· Exploits all known backdoors and tricks in the Office family for instant recovery
· Completely automatic preliminary attack may recover documents in less than 10 minutes
· Dictionary and brute-force attacks with user-defined masks and advanced templates
· Hardware acceleration (patent pending) reduces password recovery time by a factor of 50
· Patent-pending GPU acceleration technology with NVIDIA or ATI video cards
· Allows up to 32 CPUs or CPU cores and up to 8 GPUs
· Highly optimized low-level code for optimum performance
· About 6 MB of free space on hard disk
· The maximal length of passwords which are recovered by Brute-Force Attack is limited to 4 symbols
· Passwords recovered by Dictionary Attack, which are longer than 4 symbols, are not displaying
· The maximal length of passwords, which are recovered instantly, is limited to 3 symbols
· Some Dictionary Attack Options are disabled
· Log File is not created
· VBA Backdoor feature is not available
· VBA Passwords cannot be changed or removed
· Excel Add-Ins (XLA) cannot be unlocked
· Access Database Owner Information is not shown
· Only one GPU can be used for password recovery
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Version 3.14 adds support for Outlook .PST files larger than 2 gigabytes, and has a few minor improvements and bugfixes.