Softpedia Editor's Review for Passware Password Recovery Kit Enterprise
An easy-to-use password recovery software pack
Written by Mihaela Citea on April 9th, 2012
When working with lots of documents or managing multiple accounts at the same time, it gets hard to remember the passwords that you assign to every one of them in order to protect private data. If you forgot the password to a file, your e-mail account or your network, Passware Password Recovery Kit Enterprise might be the solution you are looking for.
The program provides you with a simple interface, similar to Windows Explorer, which makes it easy to use by any type of user, beginner or professional. There are multiple options available, as you can unlock an encrypted file, recover passwords for websites, network connections and email accounts, as well as reset the Windows Administrator password.
You can start by scanning your computer for protected files. In order to unlock them, the application allows you to run a wizard, use the default attacks or manually set the attack methods. The wizard enables you to recover your password by following a few simple steps. Providing the software with password related information, such as password length, dictionary or casing is intended to reduce the decryption time.
Once you have done this, Passware Password Recovery Kit Enterprise starts decrypting your files' password by using multiple attack methods, including online ones. You are able to view the attack progress, the remaining time and resources usage, as well as skip, pause or stop the process.
With the help of its attack methods, this application can recover passwords for Office files, archives, as well as other file types. It also allows you to retrieve passwords for volume images, as well as Windows accounts, websites and network connections. Moreover, you can create a password reset CD or USB image in order to recover your Windows Administrator password.
Passware Password Recovery Kit Enterprise is an easy to use application that might be able to help crack passwords.
Passware Password Recovery Kit Enterprise description
Here are some key features of "Passware Password Recovery Kit Enterprise":
· Recovers passwords for 180+ file types and decrypts hard disks New! providing an all-in-one user interface
· Scans computers for password-protected files (Encryption Analyzer included)
· Supports Distributed Password Recovery
· Instantly recovers many password types
· Instantly decrypts MS Word and Excel files up to version 2003 (5 Credits for Decryptum attack included)
· Resets passwords for Local and Domain Windows Administrators instantly
· Recovers encryption keys for hard drives protected with BitLocker in minutes, including BitLocker ToGo New!
· Decrypts TrueCrypt volumes in minutes New!
· Provides 8 different password recovery attacks (and any combination of them) with an easy-to-use setup wizard and drag & drop attacks editor
· Uses multiple-core CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs efficiently to speed up the password recovery process by 3,500%
· Uses Tableau TACC hardware accelerators to speed up the password recovery process by up to 25 times
· 1 GHz processor (2.4 GHz recommended)
· 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
· 100 MB of free hard disk space
· Demo version recovers either the first 3 letters of passwords, or passwords containing no more than 3 characters.
· For Windows 2008/Vista/XP/2003/2000/NT Administrators, demo version resets a 'Demo12345' password only.
· Demo version does not include a Decryptum PIN for instant online decryption of Word/Excel files.
· The demo allows each of the attacks to work up to 1 minute.