WinPassword will try to recover passwords for a Windows computer users by analyzing the password hashes. If it is possible to recover a password within reasonable time, the password should be considered insecure.
The program can also be used to recover lost passwords of particular users. Please note that this program is for advanced users and system administrators with good understanding of the NT security model.
Here are some key features of "WinPassword (formerly Windows Password)":
- We have done all we could to make WinPassword as fast as it could possibly run. All critical fragments of the code are written in Assembler and optimized to the maximum. It utilizes all features of modern processors, such as SSE2 instructions, hyperthreading, multicore and multiprocessor; that allows getting the most from a PS's computing power and reach the maximum operating speed possible.
- GPU assisted password recovery. WinPassword allows utilizing the computing power of modern GPUs and reach the fantastic speeds of a billion and more passwords per second!
- WinPassword allows searching for passwords to a great number of logins simultaneously. WinPassword is designed in a way that the search speed very little relies on the number of logins. WinPassword has been tested and works perfectly even on very large tasks (up to 32,000 logins)
- WinPassword uses both the traditional recovery methods (Brute Force Attack, Dictionary Search) and the new Smart Rainbow Table Recovery (based on Rainbow tables) technique that allows recovering long and complex passwords quickly.
- OctoPASS distributed password recovery. WinPassword is compatible with OctoPASS Distributed Password Recovery. You can utilize the power of all available computers to find the longest and most complex passwords. OctoPASS allows creating very large networks, up to thousands (and even tens of thousands) of computers working simultaneously.
- Cloud Password Recovery. If you do not have a sufficient amount of your own computing power, you can rent additional computing power to recover long and complex NT hashes ( more information )
- WinPassword allows modifying registry files and resetting the password to a known one.
- Cannot build password reset disc.
- Smart Rainbow Table Recovery method is not available in the Standard edition.
- Displays only the first two characters of the found password.
- Smart Table Recovery based on special precomputed recovery tables (rainbow tables) is implemented. This allows to break long and complex windows passwords quite quickly.