Softpedia Editor's Review for Androsa FileProtector
Easily and quickly protect any type of file
Written by Elena Opris on March 6th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Androsa FileProtector
Androsa FileProtector is a software security solution that can encrypt files and folders.
It is useful when multiple individuals have access to your computer, or when you want to send password-protected files via email, for instance.
The interface of the tool is clean and pretty intuitive. Importing files and folders into the queue can be done via the file browser, folder view or 'drag and drop' method. Encrypting multiple items at the same time is possible.
The list shows the name, status, version, size and location for each entry. Select one or more items that you want to encrypt and configure protection settings regarding the password and desired algorithm; you can pick between 256-bit, 192-bit and 128-bit Rijndael (AES), 192-bit TripleDES and 64-bit DES.
A key feature of Androsa FileProtector lets you create a self-decrypting archive (SDX). Additional privacy parameters can be set; therefore, you can scramble the name of the protected files, maintain the original last date of modification, as well as choose the deletion method between normal, deletion with overwrite and rapid secure deletion. Settings can be saved as default for further use.
Moreover, you can enable Androsa FileProtector to delete the source files when the task is done and to prevent existing files from being overwritten during restoration, as well as backup data. Evidently, decrypting the respective items is also possible and involves a simple procedure.
Androsa FileProtector packs a wide range of configurable program options as well, such as the automatic run at system startup, minimization to the system tray area, hiding passwords with asterisks, compression level adjustment and file size limitations, just to name a few. These preferences may be reset to default.
The program requires a low amount of system resources. First-time users may also look into a help file. Unfortunately, Androsa FileProtector has not been updated for a while. Otherwise, it provides a wide range of customization options for users who want to successfully encrypt files and folders.
Androsa FileProtector description
Here are some key features of "Androsa FileProtector":
· Possibility to protect any type of file
· Integration with the context-menu of Windows
· Supported languages: Italian, English
· Graphical user interface style Windows XP simple and functional
· Protection files through the most advanced algorithms of cryptography: AES - 256 bit / 192 bit / 128 bit, TripleDES 192 bit, DES 64 bit
· Cryptography with password up to 256 bit (32 characters)
· Statistics of protection in real time
· Drag & Drop from Windows
· Possibility of management through system's bar (SysTray)
· System of automatic updating
· High safety of the protected files
· Help in chm extension
· Possibility to order and to group the files in the principal list
· Automatic system of protection against password "weak."
· System of verification against the change and/or corruption of protected file
· System creation/elimination automatic of the backup copies
· Possibility to pause/resume the protection
· Microsoft Framework .NET 2.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved English translations.
· Disabled feedback report system.