Softpedia Editor's Review for Folder Protector
A powerful and easy-to-use program for protection
Written by Bogdan Popa on June 11th, 2012
Folder Protector is an easy to use yet very effective application developed to hide or encrypt files in any folder on your computer.
Although it was developed to be used on flash disks and removable drives, Folder Protector can do its job very well on any folder on your system, as long as you pay attention to the configuration settings.
The idea behind the program is pretty simple: just copy the executable file in the folder you want to protect, launch the app, set up a password and choose an encryption system and you are ready to go.
On the other hand, you can also launch the app and choose another local folder, or simply right click a directory and hit the “Folder Protector” option.
You are required to provide a password every time you set up a new encrypted folder, with the app blocking any attempt to view, copy or delete the stored content.
There are three security levels available, namely normal, high and highest, with some other options to show a protected sign next to the folder icon, copy the software to the folder after enabling protection, enable shell integration and see all protected folders.
Folder Protector isn't too difficult to use once you figure out how to enable encryption, with the app remaining light on hardware resources all the time.
Overall, Folder Protector is an excellent folder encryption solution, required only basic computer knowledge and providing a very user-friendly approach. An online help manual is also available, just in case you need more information on any built-in feature.
Folder Protector description
Here are some key features of "Folder Protector":
· You can encrypt any folders including flash disk and removable hard disk
· The folders can be decrypted just as easily after you encrypt
· You are not able to delete, copy and view any files in the encrypted folder
· The encrypted flash disk or removable hard disk can be decrypted in another PC as well
· Nag screen
· The 'Highest Strength' option is not available
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Use new attractive user interface.
· Added build-in newsletter subscribe.
· Allows to use registration key as login password in case you forget it.
· No need to restart the program when switch language.
· Check for updates automatically
· Compatibility with Windows XP/2003/WIN7/WIN8 x64