Disk encryption software for data security, privacy and protection.
R-Crypto allows you to protect your confidential information and personal data against unauthorized access regardless of their location, so it works on desktop, notebook or a removable data storage device.
To protect the data R-Crypto creates encrypted virtual disks (virtual data storage devices). These disks provide real time data encryption and decryption which are fully transparent to the user, it means that the data is being encrypted just before it is being written to the disk and is being decrypted right after it is being read from the disk without the need of user intervention. All data (such as file and folder names, and content of all files) stored on such disks is constantly encrypted. The access to data on the virtual encrypted disk is impossible unless the user provides a correct password.
R-Crypto encrypts the data on virtual disks using the cryptographic infrastructure of the Microsoft Windows operating system. This infrastructure allows the users to use various installable cryptographic service providers, including those that are already pre-installed.
Note: The software is free for home use and requires free registration. For commercial use, you need to purchase the software.
Here are some key features of "R-Crypto":
Simple and easy-to-use interface:
· R-Crypto management panel providing access for the user to all actions of the system.
· Wizard guiding the users through the creation of encrypted disks.
· List of the most frequently connected encrypted disks (can be disabled).
· Convenient operation for changing the size of the encrypted disk.
· Access to encrypted disk control actions outside the R-Crypto management panel directly from the Windows shell (for example, connect/disconnect).
· Special icon for connected encrypted disks in the Windows shell (can be disabled).
· Access to most R-Crypto actions from the Windows system tray.
Safe and reliable data encryption and protection:
· Users can use various cryptographic service providers, both pre-installed in the Windows operating system and available from the third parties.
· Disk free space encryption (can be disabled).
· Wizard to change disk encryption settings.
· Connecting an encrypted disk in the read-only mode.
· Connecting an encrypted disk emulating a "local disk" to provide access for remote users (required for Windows XP and later versions).
· Configurable hot keys to disconnect either all connected encrypted disks, or each disk separately.
· Automatic disconnection of all connected encrypted disk upon user's logoff.
· Ability to automatically disconnect the encrypted disks upon screensaver startup, entering the hibernation mode, or computer lockup.
· Ability to enforce the disconnection of locked encrypted disks upon automatic disconnection.
· File-containers of the connected encrypted disks are protected against re-writing and deletion.
· Support for system disk utilities (check disk, defragmentation, etc.).
R-Crypto supports the following cryptographic providers and their respective algorithms that are pre-installed in the Windows operating system by default:
· Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider
· Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512)
· Message Digest (MD2, MD4, MD5)
· RSA Data Security's (RC2, RC4)
· Data Encryption Standard (DES)
· Two Key Triple DES
· Three Key Triple DES
· Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) - 128, 192, and 256 bit key lengths
· Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
· You need administrative privileges to install R-Crypto on your computer
· Minimum 10 MB of free disk space to install the program
· Enough disk space for encrypted disks file-containers
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New features and improvements