Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in USBCrypt 15.4.1:
- Full support for the exFAT file system, on those versions of Windows that offer exFAT support.
- A new command, PANIC, has been added to the USBCrypt notification icon menu.
- When creating a new Virtual Encrypted Disk, the name you have chosen for the disk is now used as the drive label of the Virtual Encrypted Disk. Note that if you chose to format the drive with the FAT or exFAT file system, and the name is longer than 11 characters, it will be truncated at 11th character, due to the limitations of the FAT/exFAT file systems.
- A new Group Policy has been added to the Administrator's Kit that enables the administrator to hide the license key information on the About USBCrypt window.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 4.7 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- WinAbility Software Corporation
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Security \ Encrypting
PART OF: USB Encryption Tools download hubsee alternatives
Surprise-free setup and clean interfaceThe installation process does not last long and it does not offer to download any kind of product that is not actually necessary for the tool to work properly. Once you wrap it up, you come face to face with a simple and modern GUI, as it is comprised only of a few buttons and a drop-down menu. Moreover, it incorporates some tips in the main window, as well as some comprehensive Help contents thus ensuring that all types of users can find their way around it, regardless of their previous experience with computers.
Create an encrypted drive and automatically process itemsIt is important to understand that this software application works by creating a separate encrypted drive on the USB thumb drive or hard disk partition you have selected. Moreover, you should check the device to be empty, so as to make sure that they are not going to be corrupted or deleted.
This process does not put a strain on the computer’s performance, as it does not require a large amount of resources in order to work properly. This means you can run it alongside other utilities without encountering problems.
Any file you place on the newly created drive is going to be automatically encrypted, as well as decrypted when you move it to another location, a feature which proves to greatly enhance ease of use.
ConclusionTo sum up, USBCrypt is a pretty efficient piece of software when it comes to encrypting and decrypting files and directories. All jobs are performed in a timely manner, the interface is user-friendly and our tests did not reveal any errors, crashes or bugs.
USBCrypt was reviewed by Madalina Boboc, last updated on April 14th, 2015
Runs on: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit
feature list limitations