Softpedia Editor's Review for ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite [DISCOUNT: 63% OFF!]
Complete protection for your PC in a single, comprehensive program
Written by Elena Opris on March 15th, 2013
Softpedia in association with Check Point Software Technologies offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite with a 63% DISCOUNT. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the "Buy Now" button; you'll surely notice the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
ZoneAlarm Security Suite is an application that provides you with complete protection for your PC against viruses, spyware, spam, phishing, and identity theft.
The interface is intuitive and user-friendly; users of any experience level should find it easy to navigate through ZoneAlarm.
The 'Overview' you can view the current status of the 'Advanced Firewall' and 'Anti-virus / Anti-Spyware' components. The 'Preferences' section allows you to check for product updates (manually or automatically), set a password for lock down and parental control, or backup and restore data.
The protection level of the firewall can be adjusted for both Internet zone security and trusted zone security, but you can also assign known malicious networks to a blocked zone security.
The 'Program Control' section is where you can set the trust level for each program installed on your computer, but also configure Zone Alarm to automatically learn the level of security it should offer, enable automatic 'Internet lock', and set 'SmartDefense Advisor' to customize program access.
A one-time scan can be performed to clean the baseline of the computer of any idle viruses or rootkits. It runs in the background as a normal or a deep scan. Furthermore, you can schedule scans to be initiated at a specified time interval.
E-mails are supervised by the 'Outbound MailSafe Protection' module, while the 'Identity Protection' level can be adjusted to prevent fraud.
CPU and memory usage varies, according to the task assigned to ZoneAlarm and our tests went rather well as ZoneAlarm managed to locate and remove viruses and spyware. However, it seems to use a lot of resources on the long-term, and that can put a strain on any system.
All in all, ZoneAlarm Security Suite is certainly a strong Internet security application and can certainly provide the protection level a computer needs.
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite [DISCOUNT: 63% OFF!] description
Here are some key features of "ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite [DISCOUNT: 63% OFF!]":
· New engine delivers the best virus protection with significantly enhanced detection and removal capabilities. Hourly signature updates, expanded coverage, and faster detection to find and remove even the most recent and aggressive viruses.
· More robust detection and removal functions perform deeper scans at every level and purge spyware from your PC.
Anti-Spam & Anti-Phishing:
· Stops spam with automatic spam blocking that automatically adapts to the latest spamming techniques. Protects against phishing emails that attempt to steal your money or identity.
Identity Theft Protection:
· While ZoneAlarm continues to secure your identity information on your PC, these new Identity Theft Protection services also prevent identity theft over the Internet and even in the physical world.
· Delivers proactive firewall protection with multiple layers of security that stop inbound, outbound, and program attacks while remaining completely invisible to hackers.
· This additional layer of security prevents hard-to-remove spyware, including rootkits and kernel-level threats, from getting onto your PC and causing damage.
· Allows hassle-free computer operation from the moment of installation by hiding unnecessary security alerts, thereby drastically reducing interruptions during the first two weeks as the product learns the programs you typically use. Automatically configures security settings, and rates threats according to level of potential damage they represent.
· One-click control temporarily suppresses most security alerts and prevents them from interrupting your fun while maintaining maximum protection for your PC.
Wireless PC Protection:
· Automatically detects wireless networks and secures your PC from hackers and other Internet threats wherever you're connected - at home or on the road.
· Provides your PC with real-time security updates, improved response to breaking spyware threats, and new attack protection capabilities.
Superior Performance & Compatibility:
· Allows your PC to run quickly and smoothly.
Spy Site Blocking:
· Prevents spyware from getting on your PC by blocking its primary source: spyware distribution websites.
· Manages and blocks pop-up ads, online profiling, cookies, cache, and scripts so you can surf in peace.
· Quarantines suspicious attachments to help defend against unknown viruses; automatically halts outbound messages to keep you from accidentally infecting others.
· Prevents children from viewing inappropriate content on Web sites.
· 1 GHz or faster processor
· Minimum system RAM: 512 MB
· 250MB of available hard-disk space
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Antivirus - Quick scan added to scan modes so now all 4 modes are operational
· Compatibility: Added AV conflict detection dialog
· Compatibility: We now allow (do not recommend) installation on Vista SP0
· UI: Updated icon for privacy and scan bubbles
· UI: Product info page in the beta build contains "Renew" and "Buy Now" buttons and shouldn't
· UI: Shutdown Warning dialog in Extreme incorrectly contains screenshot of Security Suite
· UI: Mouse Over System Tray Icon displays ZoneAlarm Security Suite, but it should be Extreme Security
· Other: Various other stability and compatibility fixes on XP and Vista
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function