Softpedia Editor's Review for Macro Recorder
Records keyboard and mouse actions for later use
Written by Elena Opris on April 12th, 2013
Jitbit Macro Recorder is a lightweight but powerful software that can record the activity of your keyboard and mouse.
The user interface of the program is clean and intuitive. Once you have pressed the "Record" button, all the key presses, mouse movements and actions will be captured.
Thus, you can view the command, delay time and position (expressed in X and Y coordinates, in the cursor's case). The selected command can be edited when it comes to the event type and delay (in milliseconds).
In addition, you can insert a new command regarding the mouse or keyboard, delay (e.g. wait for window, user input or process), file (e.g. open, copy, delete), windows (e.g. close, switch to, wait for), clipboard (e.g. clear, set value), text (e.g. type system date), finding a pixel by color or finding an image on the screen.
Furthermore, you can initiate a computer power command (shutdown, reboot, log off), connect to dialup or VPN, "message box" or "open website" command, as well as play another macro, "if" (e.g. if file exists, if message), "repeat x times", label, "goto" or "pause/break" commands.
Plus, you can insert a comment, save and import macro, compile to EXE, record or play "special" (e.g. play selection, play to cursor from the start), bulk edit delays, edit macro in Notepad, schedule a task and configure settings (e.g. enable "spy mode" recording, adjust playback speed, reconfigure hotkeys).
The program uses a low-to-moderate amount of system resources and includes a comprehensive help file. We haven't come across any problems during our tests.
The bottom line is that Jitbit Macro Recorder is an excellent tool for recording your keyboard and mouse activity, and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Macro Recorder description
Here are some key features of "Macro Recorder":
· Easy to try. If the trial period is too short for you - let us know and we'll extend it for you.
· Extremely simple. Macro Recorder features an easy and straightforward user interface. Forget about hours wasted on reading manuals. Start using Macro Recorder in seconds. Just click "Record" with your mouse and perform some activity.
· Flexible. Edit your macros with the built-in full-featured Visual Macro Maker, enjoy the Macro Recorder's full windows-shell integration and scheduling
· Automation software. Insert custom commands and statements into your macros, like: "launch website", "open file", "wait for window", "goto", "shutdown" and many more. Add logic to your macros using the "IF - THEN" statement, "REPEAT X TIMES" statement.
· C# scripting language - you can insert code snippets in C#
· EXE-compiler. Convert your macro to an EXE-file which runs on any windows-compatible computer. To save space and improve performance the resulting EXE file is packed and compressed using the advanced optimization techniques.
· Accessible. Assign your mouse & keyboard macros to hotkeys and run it from any application
· Adjustable. Variable playback speed, macro recording filters, loop macro playback, "stealth-mode" macro recording and more.
· Debug your macros: insert breakpoints, play partially or loop your playback.
· Human-readable macro file format, plain text script easy for editing in external editors
· SMART-Rec mouse recorder technology that optionally records your mouse in relative coordinates
· Pentium 400Mhz or equivalent
· 256-MB RAM
· 140kb hard disk space
· Mouse / Touchpad / Trackball, Keyboard
· 39 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed "mouse for lefties" setting
· Show an error when macro path exceeds 256 chars in "play another macro" command
· Loop iteration counter now resets when you jump out of the loop using GOTO command
· New setting - do not restore mouse position after playback
· Possible fix for find image similarity coefficient
· Compiled EXE files now respect global playback speed settings
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Macro Recorder 188.8.131.52 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |