SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer is a powerful utility for analysing, debugging, maintaining and monitoring local networks and Internet connections. It captures the data passing through your dial-up connection or network Ethernet card, analyses this data and then represents it in an easily readable form. SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer is a tool that analyzes, maintains and monitors local networks and Internet connections.
SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer presents the results of its network analysis in a convenient and easily understandable format. It also allows you to defragment and reassemble network packets into streams. The program can easily analyze network traffic based on a number of different Internet protocols as listed below.
SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer features full decoding of the following low level protocols: AH, ARP, ESP, ICMP, ICMPv6, IGMP, IP, IPv6, IPX, LLC, MSG, REVARP, RIP, SAP, SER, SNAP, SPX, TCP and UDP. It also performs full reconstruction of top-level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, FTP, TELNET and others.
The flexible system of fully configurable filters can be used to discard all network traffic except the specific traffic patterns you wish to analyze. SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer also features a packet builder. This tool allows you to build your own custom network packets and send them into the network. You could use this packet builder feature to check your network for protection against attacks and intruders.
Here are some key features of "SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer":
· Works in promiscuous mode to capture all network packets.
· Decodes packets and displays them in an easy to read format.
· Lets you build custom packets and send them into the network.
· Offers a flexible traffic filtering system. Any filter can be inclusive or exclusive.
· Reconstructs packets into flows so you can easily see a complete data exchange of the Telnet, POP3, SMTP, IMAP, FTP, HTTP and other protocols.
· Lets you monitor loopback connections within the system.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed displaying some dialog windows on systems with large fonts.
· Improved address book to accept dash/semicolon separated MAC addresses.
· Application executables are now digitally signed.