Softpedia Editor's Review for System Surveillance Pro
Comprehensive monitoring software for logging keystrokes entered, programs run, websites visited, IMs, and much more
Written by Gabriela Vatu on December 18th, 2012
If you’re concerned about the websites and general computer activity of your children, then installing a program that can monitor your PC might be a good idea. System Surveillance is a tool that can perform several complex tasks.
The app can monitor the typed keystrokes, the visited websites (through browsers such as Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome), programs and instant messenger conversations (AIM, AOL, Yahoo IM, MSN, Windows Live, ICQ and Google Talk).
When you first start the app, you can choose which of the aforementioned actions you want the program to perform and enable screenshots. Thus, it can take snapshots at a user-defined time interval and even interrupt the process when the computer is idle.
Also, you can choose certain words that should pop up in the monitoring process and have the software take screenshots when that keyword is encountered.
Furthermore, you can set time periods when System Surveillance is active, and have it load at Windows startup.
The software comes with a clean interface that’s easy to navigate. From the main interface you have access to any of the logs. Thus, you can see the keylog, all the visited websites, the chat messages, program runs and all the screenshots, along with complete statistics.
Further settings allow you to choose which user accounts are monitored and adjust any of the previously defined options. Additionally, you can create lists of blocked websites and apps.
Complete logs can automatically be sent via email. Monitoring can be stopped whenever you want straight from the interface.
The fact of the matter is that System Surveillance is a powerful and extremely useful app for parents, business owners, libraries and schools or even government entities. Inexperienced users shouldn’t have a hard time figuring out this program, thanks to the intuitive interface.
System Surveillance Pro description
Here are some key features of "System Surveillance Pro":
· View Keystrokes Entered
· View Websites Visited
· View Programs Run
· Capture IM Conversations
· See Desktop Screenshots
· Send Alerts and Logs to Remote Locations
· Block Websites and IMs
· Limit Website and AOL usage
· View Multiple Machines From One Location
· 1.6 GHz CPU or faster
· 1 GB ram
· 20 MB available for installation - after install additional space may be needed for data.
· Requirements for network based monitoring:
· Central disk location with write permision to receive log files and screen snapshots
· Web Monitoring: Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater, Netscape 8.0 & FireFox
· SSPro does not support Netscape prior to version 8.0)
· IM Capture:
· MSN Messengertm 5.0 or greater
· AIMtm 4.0 or greater
· ICQtm Build 1301 or greater
· Yahoo Messengertm 4.0 or greater
· AOL tm 8.0 or greater
· Screen Snapshots: Graphics card capable of 256 colors or greater
· 7-day fully functional trial
· Nag screen