Softpedia Editor's Review for Password Door
The application a be used to password protect installed applications.
Written by Bogdan Popa on March 29th, 2012
If you wish to protect certain installed applications and you're looking for an app to do that for you, chances are that Password Door is one the best choices in this regard.
The program has been developed with a single goal in mind: protect specific executable files from being launched on a Windows workstation according to user settings.
The interface, which can be easily customized by changing the color scheme, allows you to quickly protect a program, deactivate protection or simply view and manage protected apps.
If you don't wish to spend too much time with advanced settings, Password Door requires just a few clicks to protect a new application. It automatically detects installed programs but in case the one you wish to lock doesn't appear in the list, there's always the option to drag and drop the executable in the main window.
Besides the fact that you can password-protect any executable file, you can also deny access completely, while the advanced settings let you enhance the whole protection.
You can limit the use time per day or recheck allowed programs when idle at a user-defined interval.
Password Door is supposed to run all the time, but this doesn't mean that it's a resource hog. No, the application is actually very friendly with hardware resources, requiring just a reasonable amount of CPU and RAM to work properly.
All things considered, Password Door is one of the best tools in this particular software category, offering effective protection for the installed apps and providing straightforward configuration options.
Password Door description
Here are some key features of "Password Door":
Protect Programs Anywhere:
· Password Door provides strong protection and will always apply the protection to a protected program, the following actions will NOT bypass a protection
· Move/Copy the protected program to another folder
· Rename the protected program
· Install and use second instance of the protected program
· Delete & reinstall the protected program
· With its unique exe identity technology, Password Door keeps protecting the target programs even those programs have been moved to other location, or renamed
Easy to Use:
· It's easy-to-use and doesn't require special computer knowledge, Password Door has configured everything automatically after you installed it, the only thing you need to do is starting to protect programs
· Protect a program
· Password Door provides various ways for you to protect a program quickly
· Double-click at an item in Installed Programs list to protect the program
· Click to browse for and select a program file (.exe) to protect it
· Drag the icon to any window of the target program to protect it
· Drag a program file (.exe), or a shortcut to a program file, to the main window of Password Door, to protect the target program
· Schedule Protection
· Protection Modes
· Multiple Protection Items
· Matrix Password
· 21 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Brand-new user interface
· Improved kernel components with more features
· Improved self-protection
· Improved UAC support
· Color scheme
· New flexible schedule system
· Filter and filter logic
· Matrix password
· Time limit and idle recheck
· Multiple protection items for single program