Windows stores your frequently used passwords, such as the passwords in Outlook Express email or for an FTP connection. But since you no longer enter the saved passwords manually, you often tend to forget them. The password is staring right at you, but it's hiding behind a row of asterisks - ****.
This feature is intended to protect your passwords; but sometimes this feature becomes more of a nuisance, rather than a benefit. Asterisks Password Viewer is a program that lets you see the actual password behind the asterisks!
Asterisks Password Viewer is a useful and simple tool that will let you reveal the password you need. It can recover passwords to such programs like Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express, The BAT! and other e-mail clients, FTP clients like CuteFTP, FlashFXP etc.
· Pentium 150 MHz or faster processor (recommended: Pentium 250 MHz)
· 16MB or more RAM (recommended: 32MB)
· A hard disk with at least 2 MB free space
· Only the first 3 characters are shown
· 30-day trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 support
· English, Spanish and Russian interface languages
· Other improvements
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Babylon, Babylon Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function