KeePassX 0.4.3 / 2.0 Alpha 6
Cross Platform Password Manager
The integrated search function allows to search in a single group or the complete database. KeePassX offers a little utility for secure password generation. The password generator is very customizable, fast and easy to use. Especially someone who generates passwords frequently will appreciate this feature.
The complete database is always encrypted either with AES (alias Rijndael) or Twofish encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. Therefore the saved information can be considered as quite safe. KeePassX uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. This makes the use of that application even more favourable.
- Extensive management- title for each entry for its better identification:
- possibility to determine different expiration dates
- insertion of attachments
- user-defined symbols for groups and entries
- fast entry dublication
- sorting entries in groups
- Search function:
- search either in specific groups or in complete database
- Autofill (experimental)
- Database security:
- access to the KeePassX database is granted either with a password, a key-file (e.g. a CD or a memory-stick) or even both.
- Automatic generation of secure passwords:
- extremly customizable password generator for fast and easy creation of secure passwords
- Precaution features- quality indicator for chosen passwords- hiding all passwords behind asterisks
- Encryption- either the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or the Twofish algorithm are used:
- encryption of the database in 256 bit sized increments
- Import and export of entries:
- import from PwManager (*.pwm) and KWallet (*.xml) files- export as textfile (*.txt)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.0 Alpha 6
- Add option to lock databases after user inactivity [#62]
- Add compatibility with libgcrypt 1.6 [#129]
- Display passwords in monospace font [#51]
- Use an icon for the button that shows/masks passwords [#38]