PasswordMaker was developed as an accessible, easy-to-use and useful tool that can help users generate passwords.
PasswordMaker was created as a port of the Firefox PasswordMaker plugin. PasswordMakeris a tool that was developoed with the help of the Java programming language.
Here are some key features of "PasswordMaker":
· Read/write RDF files
· Sorting of accounts
· Cross platform
Supports all the non-buggy versions of hash algorithms from the Firefox plugin:
· Search by URL
· Command-line support (limited at the moment)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· "Default" account behavior added. This allows for dynamic URLs to be used
· unlike the static URLs used in other accounts. This matches the behavior
· of the web verison of passwordmaker.
· When filtering accounts, the account tree now expands to show the accounts
· as well as selects the 1st possible account.
· Added hotkeys (use "command" in OSX)
· Ctrl+F = Jump to filter textbox (still makes a system beep, not
· really sure why).
· Ctrl+N = New
· Ctrl+O = Open
· Ctrl+S = Save
· Pressing enter in the filter textbox jumps to the master pasword textbox.
· Fixed bug where the password was generated incorrectly while adding a
· new account.
· The source code has been partitioned into an engine set of packages and
· an application set of packages. This allows the engine to be used in other
· Fixed bugs where "Open" and "New" didn't prompt for saving of the current
· Added a few more unit tests.
· Added an exception dialog if an uncaught exception gets thrown from the
· main window.