Softpedia Editor's Review for Anti Tracks
Complete solution for protecting your privacy and maintaining your PC
Written by Elena Opris on April 30th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Anti Tracks
Anti Tracks is a tool that can enhance the security of your computer, by erasing any Internet browsing or application usage traces you leave behind.
The user interface of the program is plain and simple. Once you start Anti Tracks, you can view a list of pending tasks that you can start at the click of a button.
Thus, Anti Tracks can clear the search computer and files history, Recycle Bin, Run history, temporary folder, as well as Internet Explorer autocomplete forms, browser history, cache, cookies, download program files and location bar history.
Furthermore, you can select more items to clean in the "Browsers" area, such as personal favorites, Index.dat files, AOL location bar history, cookies and cache, as well as Netscape autocomplete forms and visited websites.
You can also clean Windows settings, like last logon history, network cache, clipboard, application logs, registry backup and fragmented files, as well as Microsoft Office apps.
Additionally, you can configure plugin settings and main and news options, as well as use other tools, like a file shredder, disk wiper, Internet Explorer protector, Windows startup manager, plugins wizard and Mozilla profiles manager.
Moreover, you can configure program, secure erasing and schedule options (e.g. enable settings password, secure erasing and scheduling), and view reports of erase summary.
The program uses a low amount of system resources, includes a well-drawn help file and didn't pop up any errors during our tests. Anti Tracks is an easy-to-use and effective program, and we definitely recommend it.
Anti Tracks description
Here are some key features of "Anti Tracks":
· Eliminate the risk of having sensitive information recovered by permanently removing all traces of recovery data that your computer's delete key doesn't eliminate-including on computers you use that aren't your own!
· Prevent malicious and other web sites from capturing your real IP address and using it against you.
· Wipe all web browser history and all Windows usage history clean so that it can never be viewed or recovered by anyone.
· Schedule automatic erasing of your tracks upon browser shutdown, Windows startup or shutdown, and/or at specific time intervals to ensure continued privacy.
· Adobe Photoshop, Windows media player, WinZip . . . no matter what the application, Anti Tracks ensures all your application usage history is erased for good!
· Hide files and folders you don't want others to know exist on your computer by disguising them as photos or audio files-no one will ever know there's something hidden inside.
· Permanently erase files and folders from your computer with the world's most trusted & secure file shredding algorithms, which meet and exceed government file shredding standards.
· Keep others from seeing what you're working on when they enter the room by hiding the files and any evidence of the programs you're using with one simple keystroke.
· Improve your email program's response time by deleting old emails and removing junk mail and spam that have the potential to compromise your computer's security.
· Intel Pentium or compatible processor
· 256 MB RAM
· 20 MB hard disk space
· Screen resolution minimum 1024x600 pixels
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Major enhancements for the Tracks Eraser feature
· Minor enhancements for the IP Concealer feature