Softpedia Editor's Review for Clean Disk Security
Secure file deletion and comprehensive clean-up for tightest security
Written by Elena Opris on April 24th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Clean Disk Security
Clean Disk Security is a software that can help you clean up your system to optimize its performance.
The user interface of the program is plain and simple. You can select a drive to secure, configure options and initiate the cleaning process.
Thus, you can clean the standard free space, file slack space, Recent file list, Windows temporary folder, Internet browser cache, history records, Internet cookies and Windows clipboard.
You can also empty the Recycle Bin and process plugins, as well as select your cleaning method (simple, NIS, Gutmann or run in test mode).
In addition, you can view disk information for each drive, including data about logical sectors, sectors per cluster, file system, free space, volume label, along with the HEX, ASCII and decimal code.
In the "Config" menu, you can change general settings (e.g. recent files folder, Internet browser cache folder), include or exclude cookies from the task, and enable plugins for when you are processing them (while having the possibility of editing them).
The program takes a long time to complete a task (which is normal) while using a low amount of system resources. But Clean Disk Security is very thorough and also includes a comprehensive help file for beginners.
The bottom line is that Clean Disk Security is an excellent tool for securely deleting files and cleaning up your system and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Clean Disk Security description
Here are some key features of "Clean Disk Security":
· Secure file deletion
· Make already-deleted files unrecoverable. Clean free disk space
· Wipe Internet browser cache, browsing history, and cookies (from Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)
· Wipe lists of names of recently used files, URLs, and email addresses
· Wipe the Windows swap file
· Hundreds of plugins included to wipe the tracks of hundreds of different applications, such as Windows Media Player, Emule, Paintshop, etc
· Removes unneeded temporary files, releasing more disk space
· Special support for Firefox
· Create your own plugins to clean anything you like using the accompanying Plugin Editor
· Direct Disk Viewer so you can see exactly what is on your disk
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved support for Windows Vista
· Improved support for Mozilla Firefox browser
· Clean out the list of recently used email addresses in Windows Mail (with a plugin).
· Improved support for Windows 7