Softpedia Editor's Review for Driver Cleaner.NET
Driver Cleaner - Remove parts of drivers that are left after uninstalling the old drivers
Written by Elena Opris on June 15th, 2012
Driver Cleaner.NET engages in cleaning driver leftovers, providing a clean environment for reinstalling the ones you need. All traces are removed preventing driver conflicts and general computer issues.
When you wish to upgrade an existing driver installation and errors occur, a simple uninstallation process doesn’t suffice at times. This is because parts of those drivers are corrupt, leading to time wasting and unsuccessful attempts to update that particular driver.
This situation can easily be avoided using Driver Cleaner.NET. This is a reliable piece of software that wipes out the remnants of old drivers, making room for new installations. Support extends to ATI, nVIDIA, LogiTech and Microsoft drivers.
The application’s interface is classic, user-friendly and accessible. Usage is not rocket science either. The steps you need to complete are simple and easy to follow. In short, all you need to do is select the drivers to be removed (selection of multiple installation is also possible) and then press the ‘Start’ button.
A system restart may be required in some cases, just to make sure all the traces are completely erased. As a side note, it is recommended to restart the computer in case you plan to launch a new driver installation.
File backup is possible, in case something goes wrong and you have to restore system, as well as exclusion of certain locations. Driver Cleaner.NET also includes a utility that checks for driver updates (works only for ATI and nVidia drivers) and alerts you if a newer version is available.
All in all, Driver Cleaner.NET is a recommendable solution for situations when you are confronted with driver conflicts or errors. You can rest assured that all driver installation are safely removed and your computer is set free of leftovers that clog it and prevent it from running correctly.
Driver Cleaner.NET description
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Code improvements
· Error log now contains more details about the error
· Cleaning log now contains start time and end time
· Show/Hide Details button is now disabled while cleaning
· Fixed that Disable User Account Control is checked when UAC is enabled
· Fixed problem with Show/Hide Details button in some cases
· Fixed crash with file search in some rare cases
· Fixed bug with live update automatic system tray icon
· Driver Version Check correct display of Windows Vista version
· Driver Version Check correct display of nVidia Display Driver 100.** and higher
· ATI MMC filter updated
· ATI TV Wonder filter updated