Quick Erase is a handy and reliable utility designed to shred files. Quick Erase allows you to completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it several times with carefully selected patterns. For some extra security, it will also rename the file and reset the date.
When you delete a file, it isn't really gone because Windows just marks the space they occupied as being available. Anyone with a restoration or undelete program could recover them, meaning that personal data could get into the wrong hands. This is bad news if you want to purge some sensitive data like old passwords, banking details, financial records or anything else. Quick Erase can solve this problem and is an excellent choice for newly reformed pirates to destroy incriminating evidence.
Quick Erase has twelve deletion methods:
· Quick – overwrites the file once with 0s
· British HMG IS5 (Baseline) – overwrites the file once with 0s
· British HMG IS5 (Enhanced) – overwrites the file 3 times
· Russian GOST P50739-95 – overwrites the file twice
· US Army AR380-95 – overwrites the file 3 times
· DoD 5220.22-M – overwrites the file 3 times
· DoD 5220.22-M (E) – overwrites the file 3 times
· DoD 5220.22-M (ECE) – overwrites the file 7 times
· Canadian RCMP TSSIT OPS-II – overwrites the file 7 times
· German VSITR – overwrites the file 7 times
· Bruce Schneier – overwrites the file 7 times
· Rizonesoft developed method (PAYNE-3163H) which overwrites the file an impressive 23 times.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Will not open rizonesoft page on startup anymore.
· A new 64Bit version included.