Clean Slate is a handy software that's been developed to protect computers from inexperienced users.
Clean Slate restores the computer to its original configuration discarding unwanted user changes: including erased files, installed software, downloaded spyware / adware, downloaded viruses / Trojan horses, and altered icons.
Administrators, can specify individual drives / directories that don't need to be cleared by Clean Slate, allowing persistent changes in some areas on the disk.
Clean Slate is compatible with all major anti-virus software, and allows anti-virus updates to install properly.
Customizing any area of the computer to precisely accommodate your security needs is quick and easy with the help of wildcards and environment variables.
Clean Slate actually prevents the original files from ever being modified. Instead, Clean Slate caches all unwanted changes in a special folder that is hidden and protected from the users. When the computer is rebooted or a user logs off, Clean Slate merely discards the cached changes.
Here are some key features of "Clean Slate":
· Just log off or reboot to find the Windows desktop looking the same
· Automatically restores icons that users delete or hide and remove icon clutter that users add
· New software cannot be permanently installed without your authorization
· Multiple levels of administrative access determined by username and password
· You can schedule to disable security by time of day
· Clean Slate will automatically log off, shut down, or restart the computer after a period of inactivity
· Works great with computer imaging software
· Perfect for computer Kiosks
· Finicky and security averse programs get along well with Clean Slate
· Easily enable security for administrative logon
· Saves you valuable time
· Pentium processor or equivalent
· 64 MB of RAM
· 40 MB of available hard-disk space
· 5-10% free disk space for cached information (recommended)
· Internet connection recommended for product activation
· 30 days trial