Deskman Pro description
A versatile desktop security tool for power users and computer administrators.
Deskman Pro is a application designed to help home users or even system administrators protect their computer desktop. System administrators require an effective tool to stop users from messing up the desktop, or apply tight security measures.
Protect your system when you are away. Home users need a simple way of protecting their computers on coffee breaks, or restraining access to their desktop on shared computer environments.
Deskman enables you to control and protect your desktop in a snap. Combining a selected array of options, users can customize different levels of security easily. You decide the restrictions to be applied and enforced.
Deskman is an advanced desktop security tool for administrators and power users. Press one button to protect the desktop and keep the system tightly secured.
Deskman allows you to secure desktops and lock computers the way you want: by combining restrictions and options you can easily achieve the desired level of security. Deskman 11 is the most advanced -yet accessible- desktop security manager.
Here are some key features of "Deskman Pro":
Restrictions are enabled or disabled in a snap. Deskman is an accessible security tool designed to provide advanced desktop security features to Windows users. Protecting the system is an easy task:
· Check your restrictions and press a button.
· Load one of the included security profiles and press Secure
· Remove restrictions also by pressing a key combination or by loading a profile
· Press one button to restrict applications
· Press one button to lock the desktop
· Press one button to filter websites
Designed for Administrators:
Deskman is always being tweaked and improved based on customer input. Particularly, we take into consideration administrator's requests:
· Tightly protect desktops without losing system control
· Remove restrictions when necessary, at once, in case the system needs to be configured, etc.
· Allow selected users, or user groups, full desktop access
· Security profiles
· Web browsing restrictions
· Universal app: Windows native application, 32bit, 64bit, remote desktop support, web interface
· Fast -simple- installation, no additional software required
But there is more: professional users will find additional features, such as:
· Remote configuration via web
· Remote Deskman monitoring via Anfibia Reactor
· Terminal Services/Remote Desktop (RDP) support
· Fast deployment
· Deskman includes a huge list of restrictions. You decide which ones need to be applied.
· Critical desktop and system areas can be easily protected, hidden or disabled system-wide
· System keys can be disabled, and any key or combination, as well
· Hide the Start Menu and build a simple Start Menu with the items you decide
· Disable mouse buttons
· Disable USB drives, any drive
· Disable the Desktop, the Taskbar, the Start Menu
· Disable context menus
· Disable the Task Manager
· Restrict Internet Explorer options
Safe Web Browsing:
· Deskman stops all websites except for the ones you want.
· Websites not included in the list are automatically closed
· Add safe keywords to allow users to browse the company's website, for example
· Upon closing a tab, users are notified
· Safe Browsing is really easy to use, effective and unobtrusive
· Safe Browsing works on all modern browsers
· The Kiosk Mode profile enables you to create a tightly secured desktop by pressing one button.
· Only autorun applications -or websites- are allowed
· Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu are disabled
· Most system keys are disabled
· Tweak Kiosk Mode to suit your needs
· Press Freeze! and capture running programs. When other applications are executed, they will be automatically stopped.
· Create a safe environment by allowing only your running applications
· Make sure unwanted and unknown programs are not allowed
· Deskman can be easily configured by anyone. If you don't know where to start, simply load one of the included Security Profiles.
· Load a security profile and press Secure to protect the system
· Load a security profiles, and make changes to suit your needs
· Save your own security profiles
· Intel Pentium or higher and compatibles, or equivalents
· 512 MB minimum
· VGA-adapter (min. 640x480/16b colors)
· keyboard and mouse
· Internet connection recommended
· 10 MB available hard disk space
· 30-day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug that would disable lock workstation when disabling winkeys
· Fixed bug when executing icons via the safe task manager
· Fixed desktop.ini bug on safe task manager
· Renamed Login Name restriction to Manual Windows Login, for clarity
· Improved safe web browsing on multiple languages
· Improved uninstallation
· And other minor fixes.