EventSentry Light is an accessible and easy-to-use software that can be used to monitor and log events.
EventSentry Light allows you to specify one filter criterion, to limit notifications to selected (or all) events, based on EventID, category and keywords.
You can configure EventSentry to notify you if important events matching your filter criteria occur or consolidate your event logs into one central location such as a central ODBC database.
Through EventSentry, you can be actively notified in several ways when various events take place (email, ASCII file, ODBC, Unix syslog, SNMP, network (net send), process, sound, desktop).
EventSentry will also monitor performance, system services, disk space, processes and the addition / removal of applications and autorun registry entries.
Here are some key features of "EventSentry Light":
· Installs the console that is used to configure your EventSentry installation
· Automatically launches the management console in the tray area upon login
Agent MSI Template:
· Installs a template that can be used to deploy the EventSentry agent using Active Directory or other software deployment methods
· This is installs the main monitoring component that monitors Windows-based machines
Heartbeat Monitoring Agent:
· Installs the central heartbeat agent that ensures that remote devices (including routers and switches) are up and running. This is usually only installed on one host in your network.
· Installs desktop widgets that display a performance summary. Requires that the web reports are installed on your network.
· Installs the ASP files required to run the web reports.
· Configures a virtual "EventSentry" directory on the local IIS installation. If IIS is not installed locally then setup needs to be run again on the host that has IIS installed.
Setup MSSQL Database:
· Creates and initializes the EventSentry database on a local or remote Microsoft SQL Server.
Setup MySQL Database:
· Creates and initializes the EventSentry database on a local or remote MySQL SQL Server.
Install MS Access Database:
· Installs a local Access database. The access database is only recommended for testing or very small setups.
· Mozilla Firefox 2.x or higher (recommended)
· Internet Explorer 6 or higher
· Opera 8 or higher
· Does not suport database notifications
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Agent: Added detection of DELL(c) OpenManage 64-bit tools
· Agent: Fixed issue where parsing backup event from logon tracking would crash the agent
· Agent: Fixed issue where certain applications would only show up as GUIDs in software inventory
· Agent: Fixed issue with log file monitoring when using wildcards in file names
· Remote Update Utility: Fixed issue where the status of the remote agent would not be properly detected when there was no configuration change
· Web Reports: Several bug fixes