Hotspot Shield 3.42
Gives you full access to online content
Hotspot Shield is a reliable choice if you wish to remain anonymous during your online sessions. Your personal details are kept invisible to third party ISPs (Internet service providers) and websites and all transactions are secured through HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) encryption. With it, you can access web content without censorship and all of your video or voice chats are protected.
The installation procedure is rather straightforward and Hotspot Shield remains very friendly with computer resources all the time, which means you should be able to run it on older machines as well.
Configure connections and protection level
After years of lacking a desktop GUI, Hotspot Shield now comes with an interface; from here, users now have a more clear option to connect or disconnect the VPN service. The Settings window allows you to configure the level of protection for the Network Detection feature: you can set it to warn you each time your computer connects to new networks, to auto-connect to unknown networks or to turn off both of these options.
To end with
All in all, Hotspot Shield sets the ground for a stress-free anonymous browsing experience. Its powerful algorithm makes it virtually impossible for anyone to trace you. Moreover, it can be used by anyone since you are mostly required to press a button in order to connect.
Reviewed by Bogdan Popa on July 29th, 2014
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Hotspot Shield now offers complete Malware protection
Application descriptionMost public wi-fi hotspots are not secure and make your computer and communications vulnerable to hackers and security...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function
- At program startup/shutdown, opens web pages featuring advertising or similar income generating content