NoNotifyAvira is a small and simple utility that can remove the advertising of update and startup splash screen of Avira Antivir.
How to use NoNotifyAvira:
· disable Avira Antivir Guard
· run No Notify Avira as Administrator
· enable Avira Antivir Guard
The manual method is described below:
· The program gpedit.msc is present in Ultimate/Professional/Enterprise versions only. If you have other versions, i'm sorry, i have no solutions for you. Start>gpedit.msc
· Go into the folder "Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Software Restriction Policies". Right click on "Software Restriction Policies", choose the menu's voice "New Software Restriction Policies", in this way we active the security policies's windows.
· After the activation of the policies it will appears two sub-directory. Go under sub-directory called "Additional Rules". Right click in the blank area and choose voice's menu "New Path Rule...".
· Search the file avnotify.exe in installation's directory of Antivir, usually it's C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avnotify.exe
Note: Some antivirus and antispyware programs flag NoNotifyAvira as being infected/malware, although the application is perfectly safe and does not pose a threat to your system. This is called a 'false positive'. The term false positive is used when antivirus software wrongly classifies an innocuous ( inoffensive ) file as a virus. The incorrect detection may be due to heuristics or to an incorrect virus signature in a database. [Similar problems can occur with antitrojan or antispyware software.]
Here are some key features of "NoNotifyAvira":
· Simple graphics
· Detecting O.S. bit automatically
· It can remove itself
· Avira AntiVir 10
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug#01: on 32 bit it add 64 policy, now ok