Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in PREDATOR 126.96.36.1995:
- Fixed a vulnerability which could allow a standard user to change her settings even if the Protect Preferences option was checked.
- Fixed the Scheduler window to enable the Save button as soon as you start editing a cell.
- Fixed the Stop/Resume monitoring item of the systray menu, which was sometimes disabled after saving changes in the Preferences window.
- Fixed a flash drive registration error which could happen under very unlikely circumstances on the first run of the software after a fresh installation.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 3 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Richard Goutorbe
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Security \ Security Related
Once a USB flash drive is plugged into your computer, PREDATOR installs the necessary components on it, after which you must restart the app to configure settings. The basic idea is that the monitor will darken, disabling computer access to users, until the correct password is entered.
PREDATOR creates an icon in the system tray area, from where you can access the Preferences screen to configure your settings. For example, you can establish the time interval when the user is able to write the password until an alert pops up and a sound notification is triggered.
Furthermore, you can adjust the screen darkness, apply this setting to multiple monitors connected to your computer, hide the desktop icons, minimize all windows and disable the autorun feature.
It is also possible to set up a sound file to be triggered when the time expires, as long as it has the Wave format (the app provides a few samples in this case). Otherwise, you may disable the system speakers beep along with the denied access to the screen. PREDATOR offers multilingual support, logs all activity to a window, and it can be set to run at system startup automatically as well as to send the log details to your Twitter account.
The program requires a moderate amount of CPU and system memory. However, PREDATOR failed to recognize the password on several attempts to unblock the computer; it seems to have some stability issues. Other than that, no error dialogs have been shown in our tests and the tool did not hang or crash. Thanks to its intuitive layout and rich customization options, PREDATOR should be able to please the entire audience.
PREDATOR was reviewed by Elena Opris, last updated on February 20th, 2015
Runs on: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008 / 2008 64 bit